Wheelchair Accessible

Wayneair

We have seen them lift folks in wheelchairs on and off. It can be a tricky undertaking if the seas are bouncy which they have been several times for us. It usually takes two helping from each direction. It may all depend on the weather and predicted seas in the afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It depends how much you need the wheelchair. I travel with a Paraplegic who has no transfer ability. He is unable to take ship tenders regardless of weather. Celebrity staff will "No Longer" lift wheelchairs into tenders. There was an accident on RCL and someone got dropped and sued.....So that option is no longer. From what I have seen firsthand, if you cannot get into the tender by standing somewhat and taking a few steps.....you cannot tender.

Safe sails.

I am forced to use a mobility scooter due to muscle disease. The tenders in grand cayman are roll on tenders which allow wheel chairs and scooters to just roll on. Very convenient. Just be aware that if there are rolling swells, they may not allow scooters or wheel chairs etc..

Depends on where the tenders load from. The mid-ship location involves stairs. Further aft, there can be a roll- on offered but not guaranteed. Once you get to GC, it depends on which pier they use. One had roll-off, the other did not on our cruise in January. You might want to check with guest services to see what is scheduled and how you could be accommodated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums