Anthem - Many Questions

Yes there is an outside, but I don't think much seating. The flowrider and I-fly are there as well as the giraffe. Do you mean seating in lounge chairs or just seating? The flowrider has observation seating.

I'm just trying to get as high as possible for sail-away, so I'm not too worried about seating, just high and a nice view to take pictures.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

Nope, but there is a specialty coffee counter so if you do not have a beverage package, there is a fee for those coffees, however there is also a regular coffee station. Some nice deserts are at the specialty coffee station but no charge for the deserts.

dp

the regular free coffee in 270 is Lavazza and at least for me tastes much better than the Windjammer's Seattle's Best coffee.

New Questions ...

How does disembation work?

Do they announce groups everywhere or just in designated places?

Is there a customs line for people with the passport app on their phone? FLL had one, but I didn't know about it ahead of time.

Is the somewhere to park if we go to see the 9/11 memorial that is next to the ship?

New Questions ...

How does disembation work?

Do they announce groups everywhere or just in designated places?

Is there a customs line for people with the passport app on their phone? FLL had one, but I didn't know about it ahead of time.

Is the somewhere to park if we go to see the 9/11 memorial that is next to the ship?

I can't really speak to disembarkation because I always just get in line early to self disembark.

My impression is that your designated waiting area will be one of the large venues like the Theater or the Cafe 270 and you will be assigned based on your cabin location. I think they split the ship in half, so if you're aft, you will be assigned the Cafe 270. Folks have reported waiting in many different venues, so I'm assuming announcements can be heard everywhere.

I'm not aware of the passport app being available yet at Cape Liberty.

You can drive around to the parking at the 911 Memorial, but if the weather is good, I would consider putting your luggage in your car in the garage and just walking back to the Memorial. Driving around to the Memorial parking involves getting into the port drop off car line before you can make the right to the Memorial parking. Even if there is no line when you disembark, there could be a big traffic mess in the drop off area when you leave. The total walking distance is about the length of the ship.

to jump back on your disembarkation question, during our last cruise, we were given a paper the day before departure and it told us what lounge to go wait in. They made announcements when your disembarkation number was called.

to jump back on your disembarkation question, during our last cruise, we were given a paper the day before departure and it told us what lounge to go wait in. They made announcements when your disembarkation number was called.

Thanks! Do you know if you can hear the announcements outside of the lounge?

Thanks! Do you know if you can hear the announcements outside of the lounge?

That's a good question. I would assume so, but I do wonder. They prefer folks don't lounge around in different areas of the ship which is why they want you to wait in your assigned location. I'm thinking it would deter folks from just hanging out wherever they want if they can't hear the announcements? I am not sure though. You could ask on board. I believe on one ship, we only got the announcements from the RC crew monitoring our lounge. There was no ship wide announcement. They were told by walkie talkie and then they communicated that with us. Our last cruise though they announced it by overhead speaker. We were in the lounge though so can't say for sure if it was announced elsewhere.

the regular free coffee in 270 is Lavazza and at least for me tastes much better than the Windjammer's Seattle's Best coffee.

When I was deployed to Iraq 2004 thru 2005. The Army contracted Seatle's Best at the food courts of the main operations bases. If you didn't like the chowhall coffee, you could spend your hard earned paycheck on Seattle's Best.

For me, the coffee might trigger flashbacks!.....[iMAGINING] ....Minarets playing the call to Mecca. Hot breezes bringing in the sour smell of dried camel dung. In the distance the dull THWOCKA, THWOCKA, THWOCK of a blackhawk helicopter coming in for a landing after a mission. Suddenly, sounds like a trash dumpster being dropped from a hi-rise as a carbomb goes off 5 miles away, CHAOS ERUPTS! a 50 cal. answers with BUDDA, BUDDA, BUDDA! The horror! the horror.... the horror......

Edited by BillHoo

It sounds like there might be a few NYC/NJ experts on here (especially 138East). I'm driving to Queens and staying with my son April 28th for a cruise the next day. Any idea how hard it is to get back and forth or is it easier to pay for parking. It looks like about an hour drive each way (plus tolls).

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It sounds like there might be a few NYC/NJ experts on here (especially 138East). I'm driving to Queens and staying with my son April 28th for a cruise the next day. Any idea how hard it is to get back and forth or is it easier to pay for parking. It looks like about an hour drive each way (plus tolls).

Thanks!

Where exactly in Queens would you be staying? April 29 is a Sat, so traffic shouldn't be too bad if you leave early. Once we know where you're leaving from, the New Yorkers can give you the best suggestions about routes.

He lives in Forest Hills and it looks like I'd be getting on 495 west around Queens Blvd. I guess I'd only save 1 set of tolls, so as long as he doesn't mind driving, it's probably better getting dropped off and picked back up.

Unless things have changed, you can not hear announcements for debarking the ship, and we were told that. We had a leisurely breakfast and by the time we got to our area, our number had been called an hour before. We left the ship and had no trouble finding our luggage as little was left of our number.

He lives in Forest Hills and it looks like I'd be getting on 495 west around Queens Blvd. I guess I'd only save 1 set of tolls, so as long as he doesn't mind driving, it's probably better getting dropped off and picked back up.

I would suggest getting dropped off and picked back up. Or Uber.

Unless things have changed, you can not hear announcements for debarking the ship, and we were told that. We had a leisurely breakfast and by the time we got to our area, our number had been called an hour before. We left the ship and had no trouble finding our luggage as little was left of our number.

that's sort of what I remember being on Liberty of the Seas. You got the announcement if you were in your designated departure area. I almost want to say that the announcements were through walkie talkie and then communicated to folks in the area. I don't remember an overhead announcement.

a few weeks ago, they were constantly making announcements that you could hear in most places. the numbers were going fast and it seemed like they just wanted everyone off the boat as quickly as possible.

That kind of makes sense since they start boarding so early.

We'll play it ear and see how it goes.