Laundry facilities

RSBCruising

No, it doesn't. That includes no ironing facilities, too.

On the Nieuw Amsterdam you can hand wash in the sink, send things out on a per piece basis, send out on a per bag basis, or purchase an unlimited laundry plan.

The ships that do have a self service laundry are the older ships:

Prinsendam, the two S-class, and the four R-class ships. They also have the payment plans.

No, it doesn't. That includes no ironing facilities, too.

On the Nieuw Amsterdam you can hand wash in the sink, send things out on a per piece basis, send out on a per bag basis, or purchase an unlimited laundry plan.

The ships that do have a self service laundry are the older ships:

Prinsendam, the two S-class, and the four R-class ships. They also have the payment plans.

Ruth, that includes the Amsterdam, correct? I've been looking for the laundry on the HAL website deck plans, but I don't see it.

Ruth, that includes the Amsterdam, correct? I've been looking for the laundry on the HAL website deck plans, but I don't see it.

Take a look at Lower Promenade, just aft of the atrium, before the first of the inside cabins. There's a door or two between the laundry and the first inside cabin.

There used to be a laundry on Main Deck, just forward of mid-ship, on port side. I don't know if that one is still there. It was in the same place as cabin 2619 is on starboard.

There was also one on a higher deck, but I never got up in the rarified air. ;)

Take a look at Lower Promenade, just aft of the atrium, before the first of the inside cabins. There's a door or two between the laundry and the first inside cabin.

There used to be a laundry on Main Deck, just forward of mid-ship, on port side. I don't know if that one is still there. It was in the same place as cabin 2619 is on starboard.

There was also one on a higher deck, but I never got up in the rarified air. ;)

As always, thank you Ruth! I appreciate the help (no rarified air for us, either - we're down on the Dolphin deck this time!).

I thought we'd miss having self-service laundry facilities when we took our 10-day cruise on the Zuiderdam last month. But judicious care in packing and wearing clothes more than once (for instance, wearing a shirt to dinner one night and then in the day later on) made it possible without having to send out a bag of laundry. I ended up washing a pair of shorts in the bathroom sink, and DH washed a couple of T-shirts.

I thought we'd miss having self-service laundry facilities when we took our 10-day cruise on the Zuiderdam last month. But judicious care in packing and wearing clothes more than once (for instance, wearing a shirt to dinner one night and then in the day later on) made it possible without having to send out a bag of laundry. I ended up washing a pair of shorts in the bathroom sink, and DH washed a couple of T-shirts.

When we first started cruising, I spent a lot of time in the on board Laundry rooms.. It took hours for me to do laundry.. I finally gave up, spending the time in the laundry & started sending out our laundry by the bag.. I rolled the clothes very tightly together (such as two or three shirts) & DH stuffed the bag.. You would be amazed at how much we got into a $30 bag of laundry.. Everything came back beautifully laundered & pressed.. Even my nightgowns were pressed, which I don't do at home..LOL :D

Of course now that we're 4 star, we don't pay, but when we had to pay, I figured my time was worth a lot more than the $30 bag.. :cool:

When we did our Antarctica/SA cruise I was able to wash out some special things in the sink, but most of my clothes I sent out..Never had any thing ruined..:')

Must admit that I overpacked as usual though..:eek: But HAL picked up our suitcases & shipped them back & forth to the ship for us..

Edited by serendipity1499