Anniversary Dinner

HuskieRed

My wife and I will be on the 8/19/2017 sailing of the Escape. Our 17th anniversary is day one of the cruise so I'm looking for dinner suggestions as we have never sailed on NCL. Thanks in advnace for any advice.

My husband says that, when he booked the cruise, he seems to remember that something popped up asking if we were celebrating anything. He pointed out that we were celebrating our anniversary. There was a certificate in our room, which we gave to the maitre d' at Le Bistro. They then brought us a small cake at the end of the meal.

This was in 2014, and there was no charge. Not sure if this holds true now, but it's at least worth looking into.

--Michael

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

My husband says that, when he booked the cruise, he seems to remember that something popped up asking if we were celebrating anything. He pointed out that we were celebrating our anniversary. There was a certificate in our room, which we gave to the maitre d' at Le Bistro. They then brought us a small cake at the end of the meal.

This was in 2014, and there was no charge. Not sure if this holds true now, but it's at least worth looking into.

--Michael

They did the same for us last September on Getaway. It was a lovely gesture.

We done two anniversaries in Le Bistro. I imagine if you let them know it is your anniversary, they may do a bit extra. I never let it be known in case they wanted to gather around and sing to us. But, if they do, that's a nice gesture and a memory.... just not for me..........

--Michael

Thanks for letting me know that. I will let them know.

We done two anniversaries in Le Bistro. I imagine if you let them know it is your anniversary, they may do a bit extra. I never let it be known in case they wanted to gather around and sing to us. But, if they do, that's a nice gesture and a memory.... just not for me..........

Don't think the singing is for us either. Maybe I'll request they not do that.

We had our Golden Wedding Anniversary on the Sun after we left Buenos Aires last March. Beautiful meal in Le Bistro, highly recommend it. They knew it was and treated us royally.

Thanks. Most have said Le Bistro so think that is the plan. Congrats on what would be or close to your 51st. My wife and I married later in life so not sure w will make it to 50 but it's possible.

We had ours in the Manhatten room on the Escape..great venue for dinner and live music..get up and dance too if you feel like it..they brought a cake to the table and sang..we were full so the maitre d had it delivered to our room..

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I highly recommend Bayamo for the food, atmosphere and service. It has been the best meal and service I have experienced on any NCL ship I've sailed.

My wife and I will be on the 8/19/2017 sailing of the Escape. Our 17th anniversary is day one of the cruise so I'm looking for dinner suggestions as we have never sailed on NCL. Thanks in advnace for any advice.

Singing at Cagney's was a great touch!!!! My husband giggled like a girl as the servers and then the whole place sang ""Let me call you sweetheart" It was a nice surprise!!!

Actually...it really is. Just would embarrass me I think........... However, I've seen it done numerous times for others.