Laundry Questions

star81

I bring some pant/skirt hangers with us. They all ways have plenty of regular hangers, but the ones with the two things that you punch to hang pants/skirts on are not so plentiful. Plus on our last cruise the ones my DH used did not hold on to his pants so good. They fell on the floor.

I bring some pant/skirt hangers with us. They all ways have plenty of regular hangers, but the ones with the two things that you punch to hang pants/skirts on are not so plentiful. Plus on our last cruise the ones my DH used did not hold on to his pants so good. They fell on the floor.

I think you meant to type pinch, not punch.

They did have coated hangers that gripped the material so it wouldn't slide off so easily.

Princess used to use quarters. Over the last two years the ships have all converted to the tokens.

Even when they used quarters, it was silly to bring your own. You just walked to the front desk and asked for them I was never able to figure out why people brought rolls of quarters.

DON

Hi,

Just starting to pack and as there will be 4 of us in our cabin am wondering if there will be enough hangers for our clothes or should I bring some with me ?

Also do the cabins have an iron in them to give clothes a quick press before putting them on ? I am aware there is a laundry service but don't feel we will need a full blown service just a quick press to get those travel creases out !

Also, if I do my own laundry what type of powder / softener is available ? Do you just charge the purchase and use of this and machines to out cruise cards or is it a coin system ?

The questions you come up with when packing !!

Thanks x

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here is what one of the self service laundry rooms on the Royal Princess looks like (just click on the link below) ...

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-nTGH9b

Glad for the info about asking the cabin steward for extra hangers. I have never done that before and had actually planned to bring some on my next cruise.

I have used the iron in the laundry room on the Ruby to press out clothes but never do laundry on vacation. It is against my religion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums