Is Princess ever going to sail out of Galveston? Sure wish we could get more lines!

Galleon1234

This is a Princess forum....

As it is a Princess forum: They sail out of SF but I really, really, really wish they would sail out of SF more. It's a 3 hour drive for us as opposed to an 8 hour (icky) drive (or a flight) to LA. Give us more cruises (and more ships) out of SF. Specifically round trip sailings.

Princess usually offers longer cruises than CCL or RCI, therefore opening up different itineraries.

Almost all of the Princess cruises out of Bayport were 7 days long to Cozumel, Roatan and Belize.

There were one or two longer cruises a year and a shorter one to Mexico to start the season.

I meant that, as they offer many more longer cruises than shorter ones (at least it seems that way to me) that they could easily offer itineraries that are not currently available out of the Houston area. Vary between a 10- and 11 day schedule, it would easily fit between the ships doing 7 day itineraries so could use Carnival's facilities.

It was very nice when they sailed out of Baytown(Houston).

I will have to graciously disagree. I'm sure it was convenient for those who lived in that area...but after my first sailing out of Bayport, I'm glad they pulled ships out. Sailaway was a bust, due to the liquor regulations as well as you are literally sailing through oil rigs. Upon return, apparently fog is a major factor in Houston and we had to wait in a long line for three hours after the time we were to dock, waiting for the fog to lift. 75% of the passengers onboard missed their flights due to this. It's unfortunate they spent all of that money on what was actually a beautiful terminal, but if they were to go back, they need to add some disclaimers for passengers for sure.

I will have to graciously disagree...but after my first sailing out of Bayport, I'm glad they pulled ships out. Sailaway was a bust, due to the liquor regulations as well as you are literally sailing through oil rigs. Upon return, apparently fog is a major factor in Houston ...

I'll second the above. We did the 7 day W Carib on the Emerald. The cruise was great (except as noted by karabear) but I disliked the silly Texas liquor regs. Especially when the Texicans wanted to charge me for bottles that were only going to be in Texas for a couple hours. I walked right past the Texas goon squad with my rum bottles. Would never cruise out of there again anyway.

We love sailing out of SF.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was very nice when they sailed out of Baytown(Houston).

I will have to graciously disagree. I'm sure it was convenient for those who lived in that area...but after my first sailing out of Bayport, I'm glad they pulled ships out. Sailaway was a bust, due to the liquor regulations as well as you are literally sailing through oil rigs. Upon return, apparently fog is a major factor in Houston and we had to wait in a long line for three hours after the time we were to dock, waiting for the fog to lift. 75% of the passengers onboard missed their flights due to this. It's unfortunate they spent all of that money on what was actually a beautiful terminal, but if they were to go back, they need to add some disclaimers for passengers for sure.

I wish Princess would come back to Galveston as well. The terminal in Baytown was beautiful and so easy to get in and out of compared to Galveston but it has been closed and even NCL pulled out. Now if we want a close to home cruise we have to do RCL or Carnival, neither of which is a favorite line. Even in Galveston they have problems with fog at times but not always. New Orleans and other ports can be the same. We had an Alaska cruise out of SF and it was foggy all the way up to Alaska. I think if enough people beg and plead and will use Princess, they might come back again for a little while to Galveston. Sure it's not the best sailaway like Fort Lauderdale but you have to be on the right side of the ship for any decent views. I watch the port cruise cam often.