Future Cruise Deposits (FCD)

Big Foot

Hello,

Hubby, who is on FB tells me that someone has posted on there today advising that FCD's will no longer be available from the end of this month.

Just wondered if anyone has anymore information on this & or know what P&O might be replacing it with, if anything?!

We're on Britannia on Friday for 2 nights so will hopefully be able to purchase one.

Joan

I can't see the business case for P&O withdrawing FCDs. Can anyone else? What would they gain versus what would they lose?

Doesn't mean they won't do it, of course

This is pure speculation maybe they will retain the book on board system (which is now branded differently to FCD) and contact people post cruise with an offer with FCD benefits. My thinking is that with the book on board system and cruises being published so far in advance now, maybe FCD has become redundant? I noticed after a recent cruise I got an offer which was essentially the opportunity to book with FCD benefits, maybe this was a trial and they found that more people took up the offer post cruise making it a more attractive way of reeling in business that FCD?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ALERT - A response from Christopher Edginton has been posted on a site I don't think I am allowed to mention here which denies this. Good news :) The original info has allegedly come from the Future Cruises Desk on board - Hmm, someone seems to have got their info wrong.

ALERT - A response from Christopher Edginton has been posted on a site I don't think I am allowed to mention here which denies this. Good news :) The original info has allegedly come from the Future Cruises Desk on board - Hmm, someone seems to have got their info wrong.

And someone might be in trouble!!!!

Thanks for letting us know the good news.

And someone might be in trouble!!!!

Thanks for letting us know the good news.

However a second message form P&O says there is a change. Now a FCD can only be bought for people on that cruise. So you cannot buy FDC's for friends and family who are not cruising with you at the time of buying the FDC's.

Could effect some people.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app