A few Anthem Questions...related to...what else?...drinking!

Hi, all. This is my first thread I'm starting here on CC, so please don't get the wrong first impression of me, but hey, a girl has to have her priorities...;p

I will be celebrating my 50th on board Anthem with my 2 grown "kids" 22 and 20. I have purchased a deluxe beverage package for DD and myself on the website at a discount. We intend to board as early as allowed, which means we will be separated from our Sea Passes for a few hours, about 2 probably, and will most likely head over to Two70 for lunch immediately after booking NorthStar and iFly at the theater. Will we be able to use our beverage packages at lunch? If so, how? I do not intend to purchase WOW bands for yet another up-charge, even though I know it is nominal. I kind of feel all up-charged out (haha, we haven't even boarded).

Also, as mentioned, my son is 20. Are there areas on the ship, such as bars or lounges, where he will not be allowed because he is not yet 21?

Thanks in advance for your responses to these most urgent questions! :D

You can use your beverage packages by letting the bar servers swipe your SetSail pass.

Your son can go anywhere on the ship that other folks over 21 can go.

Thanks so much for your quick response. The SetSail pass is the thing I print at home during on-line check-in, right? Different from my card that will be in the cabin?

Thanks so much for your quick response. The SetSail pass is the thing I print at home during on-line check-in, right? Different from my card that will be in the cabin?

Correct, your SetSail pass is basically your boarding pass, but on this ship, all guests have their own and it serves as the mechanism used to charge your onboard account until your get your Seapass card.

Yes, you need to print a separate set sail pass for each of you, there will be a print button for each. They will either scan your set sail pass or right down your name and cabin number when you use your set sail pass to get a drink. You can get your sea pass around 1 pm.

We just got off Anthem last week. Drinks and wine up to $13 were covered. We had a few glasses of wine that were above the $13 limit and paid $4 + 18% (They were $17). And wines that were $14 we only paid the $1 + 18% difference.

If you are both getting the bev package, you might wish to reconsider the Wow Bands. My wife and I each bought a Wow band. She carried her band and I gave her mine, and she gave me her SeaPass card that I kept with me at all times except when debarking in ports. This means that when ever I went to the bar, I could pick up 2 drinks. Or she could with the 2 bands but that never happened except for coffee once :rolleyes:. If you plan to make your DH go to the bar for you several times, or even to order at MDR or roaming servers, it makes it easier and usually, the hubbies with pockets tend to carry the cards anyway but I don't want to generalize ;p

EDIT: Just to add that we boarded at around 11am and used our Printed SetSail pass at several locations abd they only ased if we had the package and we said yes, and it was not a problem. For some reason, they did not put the UP sticker on our SeaPAss cards, even though several in our group did have a sticker on their cards. The only issue is sometimes, a new bartender would look at our card and ask if we had the package and when we said yes, they would just say no problem and swipe them in and give us back our cards with no problems. On the 7 day sailing, we had many many drinks and not a single one was charged. I even had the bartender in 270 make a Wang Wang. He did no know how to make it but I showed him the recipe on my phone. It has 6 different kinds on liquor in it along with other mixers. He simply stated half joking that If I drank all that I would die... Anyway, I did not die, and he somehow fit it in the beverage package.

dp

Edited by dpostman

We just got off Anthem last week. Drinks and wine up to $13 were covered. We had a few glasses of wine that were above the $13 limit and paid $4 + 18% (They were $17). And wines that were $14 we only paid the $1 + 18% difference.

If you are both getting the bev package, you might wish to reconsider the Wow Bands. My wife and I each bought a Wow band. She carried her band and I gave her mine, and she gave me her SeaPass card that I kept with me at all times except when debarking in ports. This means that when ever I went to the bar, I could pick up 2 drinks. Or she could with the 2 bands but that never happened except for coffee once :rolleyes:. If you plan to make your DH go to the bar for you several times, or even to order at MDR or roaming servers, it makes it easier and usually, the hubbies with pockets tend to carry the cards anyway but I don't want to generalize ;p

EDIT: Just to add that we boarded at around 11am and used our Printed SetSail pass at several locations abd they only ased if we had the package and we said yes, and it was not a problem. For some reason, they did not put the UP sticker on our SeaPAss cards, even though several in our group did have a sticker on their cards. The only issue is sometimes, a new bartender would look at our card and ask if we had the package and when we said yes, they would just say no problem and swipe them in and give us back our cards with no problems. On the 7 day sailing, we had many many drinks and not a single one was charged. I even had the bartender in 270 make a Wang Wang. He did no know how to make it but I showed him the recipe on my phone. It has 6 different kinds on liquor in it along with other mixers. He simply stated half joking that If I drank all that I would die... Anyway, I did not die, and he somehow fit it in the beverage package.

dp

LOL! Glad you lived to give me this great advice!;p Thanks for your response. Will reconsider the WOW bands. And IDK what the heck a Wang Wang is but you can bet I'm googling it right now!

I would suggest downloading the RoyalIQ APP and using it to book your Ifly and Northstar once you get on board. That way there is no waiting in lines. We did that a couple of weeks ago and it was painless.

Thanks for this suggestion! I have already downloaded the app, but obviously can't use it until I get on the ship. Will try that right away when we board. Are you allowed to have more than one reservation for iFly or northstar or is it like entertainment, only 1 at a time? And after you ride are you allowed another? How was Anthem for you in general?

Correct, your SetSail pass is basically your boarding pass, but on this ship, all guests have their own and it serves as the mechanism used to charge your onboard account until your get your Seapass card.

Thanks again. Your knowledge is invaluable, I have been lurking a little while and all of your input is very much appreciated!

Yes, you need to print a separate set sail pass for each of you, there will be a print button for each. They will either scan your set sail pass or right down your name and cabin number when you use your set sail pass to get a drink. You can get your sea pass around 1 pm.

Thanks! Printed tonight as soon as I get these fairly monstrous photos uploaded!

Breathe!!!!

Everything will be fine. The Anthem was the easiest boarding we ever had. Someone will approach you in the terminal. They will even take your picture if you had trouble as we did. I stressed for nothing.

Your printed paperwork will have all info on it. Print one for everyone and keep it with your passports until you get on the ship. This "page" is your set sail, used until you get your Sea Pass Card outside your room.

Enjoy that first Pina Colada in the 270 bar and have a wonderful Happy 50th Birthday cruise.

Breathe!!!!

Everything will be fine. The Anthem was the easiest boarding we ever had. Someone will approach you in the terminal. They will even take your picture if you had trouble as we did. I stressed for nothing.

Your printed paperwork will have all info on it. Print one for everyone and keep it with your passports until you get on the ship. This "page" is your set sail, used until you get your Sea Pass Card outside your room.

Enjoy that first Pina Colada in the 270 bar and have a wonderful Happy 50th Birthday cruise.

Thank you! Do I sound stressed? LOL. Breathing in through nose, out through mouth! Yeah, that Pina Colada sounds about right! How did you figure me for a pina colada? Have we met?;)

Recipe I found on CC and the one I showed the Bartender for a Wang Wang

wang wang

0.75 oz Rum

0.75 oz Bourbon

0.75 oz Vodka

0.75 oz Tequila

0.75 oz Scotch

0.75 oz Brandy

2 oz Orange Juice

2 oz Pineapple Juice

1 dash Grenadine

Other Drinks that were popular in our group

South Beach Iced Tea

Bahama Mama

No one in our group liked the CocoLoco.

dp

wang wang

0.75 oz Rum

0.75 oz Bourbon

0.75 oz Vodka

0.75 oz Tequila

0.75 oz Scotch

0.75 oz Brandy

2 oz Orange Juice

2 oz Pineapple Juice

1 dash Grenadine

South Beach Iced Tea

Bahama Mama

dp

:eek: Glad you survived the Wang Wang. I'm not sure I would.

Hmmmm, OTOH....maybe I will ask the bartender to make me one, but leave out the OJ. I'm not an OJ fan. ;)

wang wang

0.75 oz Rum

0.75 oz Bourbon

0.75 oz Vodka

0.75 oz Tequila

0.75 oz Scotch

0.75 oz Brandy

2 oz Orange Juice

2 oz Pineapple Juice

1 dash Grenadine

South Beach Iced Tea

Bahama Mama

dp

Take out the whiskey, bourbon and brandy and add more vodka, a local rum or three, banana liquor, blue curaco, a dash of CoCo LoCo, add all of above, shake with ice.

Best drink we ever had. It was on a ferry snorkel excursion in Aruba.

Green Iguana!! I had three and it kicked my a$$

Edited by Ocean Dancer

I would suggest downloading the RoyalIQ APP and using it to book your Ifly and Northstar once you get on board. That way there is no waiting in lines. We did that a couple of weeks ago and it was painless.

Soooo I'm assuming you can't book these online before sail date? That stinks.

Thanks, good to know. These 2 particular activities we don't want to miss.

Keep checking and book the second they are open for bookings since they only put a portion of the reservations online and they fill very quickly. We missed out on the online reservations for the puzzle escape room, Northstar and Ifly but we able to make reservation once we boards. Use the Royal IQ app to make reservations as soon as you board. If you are having issues getting it set up, go make reservation at the box office in the theatre and then figure out Royal IQ.

Keep checking and book the second they are open for bookings since they only put a portion of the reservations online and they fill very quickly. We missed out on the online reservations for the puzzle escape room, Northstar and Ifly but we able to make reservation once we boards. Use the Royal IQ app to make reservations as soon as you board. If you are having issues getting it set up, go make reservation at the box office in the theatre and then figure out Royal IQ.

How far ahead would you suggest I start to check daily? We're not sailing til November. I thought I'd start checking at the 90 day mark sometime in June. Wise choice or no? I can't really see myself starting daily checks today with over 200 days to go...

How far ahead would you suggest I start to check daily? We're not sailing til November. I thought I'd start checking at the 90 day mark sometime in June. Wise choice or no? I can't really see myself starting daily checks today with over 200 days to go...

My entertainment and dining reservations opened up closer to 120 days out. Northstar, iFly and Puzzle escape room were inside the 90 day mark and were gone very quickly. I would just keep checking your rollcall thread since someone usually posts to the rollcall when things have opened up.