Infinity Sky Suite 6119? Or other rooms near?

NjoyCruises

Greeting, thinking of sailing on the Infinity and Sky Suite 6119 is available. Anyone know if there is a unobstructed view from the balcony?

How are the bathrooms? fairly large?

For those that have been on Royal Caribbean are the Sky Suites similar to the Junior Suites or like the Grand Suite or just a regular room?First time trying Celebrity. Thanks for any info.

Stayed in 6119 last month, the view is partially obstructed which is the case on many of the suites on the M class ships. The cabin is well located. Bathroom is a decent size has a tub/shower combo- good amount of storage in the cabin.

We stayed in a Junior Suite on Royal but that was a long time ago- the 2 things I remember were the drape to partially block the bed from the sitting area- no drape like that in any Celebrity suite that I have seen; other thing was the walkin closet. The Sky Suite had a big closet that you could walk into but I wouldn't call it a true walk-in. We did have a wonderful butler who really took care of us.

Balconies on the M Class Sky suites are rather small, we will be sailing in a few month in a Sky suite on the Constellation (sister ship of the Infinity) and have booked 6125 has a slightly larger balcony.

Greeting, thinking of sailing on the Infinity and Sky Suite 6119 is available. Anyone know if there is a unobstructed view from the balcony?

Cannot help with 6119, but we have been lucky to grab 6145 or 6146 on all of our M-Class travels. Do keep an eye out for those two after you have booked and move pronto should they become available... you can thank me later! ;)

Are there any sky suites on deck 6 that are not obstructed?

I do not recall any obstructions in 6145 or 6146.

I hope the OP is not thinking I hijacked her thread. I just hated to start another cabin question thread.

The Celebrity person told me to go with 8117 as it was not obstructed. I read reviews of 6145 and 6146 and am concerned about noise from piano, children, etc. Now I am just so confused my brain is muddled. It seem very odd to have a butler service 1 cabin on Deck 8.

Cannot help with 6119, but we have been lucky to grab 6145 or 6146 on all of our M-Class travels. Do keep an eye out for those two after you have booked and move pronto should they become available... you can thank me later! ;)

I do not recall any obstructions in 6145 or 6146.

I just reserved 6146 on Infinity for our 25th wedding anniversary cruise, mainly because of recommendations here. Thanks. This cruise sails far in the future, on Dec. 17th, 2018, but I'm looking forward to it. Have never been in a suite before, and I'm worried that it might make my wife uncomfortable having a butler, but it sounds nice to me lol! Breakfast service on the larger balcony that goes with this cabin sounds like it would be nice.

I've read a few posts about 6146, and it seems like the room is a little larger and nicer too. And maybe the bathroom is bigger? It has an added shower, in addition to the bath, anyway.

If I may ask, what are some of your favorite things about 6145/6146?

In terms of possible noise from the Penthouse, I'm thinking that if needed a towel could be tucked under the connecting door.

Edited by benjaminhuf

I found a youtube video of Cabin 8117. There was no crane visible from the balcony.

I've sailed in SS 6124 on the Infinity which had an obstructed view. So did my friend's cabin next door. What's obstructing the view is some sort of crane thing. Deck 8 might be high enough up that it wouldn't block the view directly out, but you would still see it looking down.

I just reserved 6146 on Infinity for our 25th wedding anniversary cruise, mainly because of recommendations here. Thanks. This cruise sails far in the future, on Dec. 17th, 2018, but I'm looking forward to it. Have never been in a suite before, and I'm worried that it might make my wife uncomfortable having a butler, but it sounds nice to me lol! Breakfast service on the larger balcony that goes with this cabin sounds like it would be nice.

I've read a few posts about 6146, and it seems like the room is a little larger and nicer too. And maybe the bathroom is bigger? It has an added shower, in addition to the bath, anyway.

In terms of possible noise from the Penthouse, I'm thinking that if needed a towel could be tucked under the connecting door.

6145/46 are the best Sky Suites on the M-class ships.

They are decorated to match the PH and have really nice bathrooms and a larger balcony.

The only negatives about them is the storage space and the fact that they don't have a sliding door to the balcony, its just a regular door, so some people feel that the cabin is dark.

The closet/storage is much less then the normal Sky Suites, but that doesn't seem to be a problem with most who book these suites.

6145/46 are the best Sky Suites on the M-class ships.

They are decorated to match the PH and have really nice bathrooms and a larger balcony.

The only negatives about them is the storage space and the fact that they don't have a sliding door to the balcony, its just a regular door, so some people feel that the cabin is dark.

The closet/storage is much less then the normal Sky Suites, but that doesn't seem to be a problem with most who book these suites.

Thanks. It all sounds good to me. We are light packers, and for a 5-day cruise we wouldn't need that much anyway.

The regular Sky Suites are about 250 square ft. with a c. 50 square foot balcony. Do you think these special Sky Suites near the Penthouses are maybe c. 300 square feet with a c. 80 sf veranda?

Edited by benjaminhuf

Thanks everyone for the responses.

Jelayne, what is the obstruction? Is it the arm of the Crain for life boats? Is the view blocked at one end of the balcony or across the center of the balcony? Is it just a minor distraction? I can handle minor. Sorry for all the questions.

Are the butlers in addition to the regular room attendant? We been in a couple RCL suites, Grand and Owners. We just had regular room attendants but they were great. Not familiar with having a Butler.

The obstruction is part of the crane and was on the right side of the balcony. We were in that cabin for a Antartica cruise so really didn't use the balcony.

Yes the butler is in addition to the cabin steward.

Deep in the bowels of the internet I finally found some comments on cabin 8117, but it was before the dry dock. Several comments were made to Celebrity that the paint bucket frame had no business hanging out at this location since it was a Sky1 suite. So it was moved down the line to another location. Have no idea if this is still the case. There are so few cabin reviews on any of the cabins.

Our favorite thing about that suite is the bathroom; it is pretty swell! Very large with two separate sinks and a nice, roomy shower. There is a large tub, but we have yet to use it on any of our trips. The balcony is nice. We've always had a table for four and two loungers out there. Really nice space for breakfast! The butler is usually top notch as he is also servicing the adjacent penthouse suite.

Concerning the balcony door. I absolutely remember the regular door on the Summit when we went to Bermuda a year or so ago. But, for some reason I thought the door was a slider on the Infinity. We used the balcony a lot on our Pacific Coastal cruise last year, and I thought it slid and the suite was therefore brighter when the curtains were open. Is it possible that it could vary between the Summit and Infinity?

I was looking through my photos and found this pic from suite S1 6132 on Millie the sister ship to Infinity. The photo is from our oversize balcony 6132 looking forward. The suites that bump out are S1's. Then the S2 suites start. I know it is the opposite side, but I think both sides have the same items ( life boats and other things).

762392396_milliedeck6132.jpg.d088ae2cabd07261e3987f1f43a540ce.jpg

Our favorite thing about that suite is the bathroom; it is pretty swell! Very large with two separate sinks and a nice, roomy shower. There is a large tub, but we have yet to use it on any of our trips. The balcony is nice. We've always had a table for four and two loungers out there. Really nice space for breakfast! The butler is usually top notch as he is also servicing the adjacent penthouse suite.

Concerning the balcony door. I absolutely remember the regular door on the Summit when we went to Bermuda a year or so ago. But, for some reason I thought the door was a slider on the Infinity. We used the balcony a lot on our Pacific Coastal cruise last year, and I thought it slid and the suite was therefore brighter when the curtains were open. Is it possible that it could vary between the Summit and Infinity?

Thanks. Very useful.++