Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

I see only Lobster pot pie on new Ocean Blue menu.

The do not have the Trio platter with the Lobster tail shrimp and I think it was snapper. What ship was the new menu on?

I know Bayamo on the Escape has an Ocean blue menu , I found the New Bayamo, it has lobster many many ways

i-fgHS77W.jpg

I’m officially intrigued by this... it mentions earning stars, which means they would have to also accept Starbucks gift cards!! Plus... Starbucks mugs with maybe featuring the Bliss for the “you were here” collection?!

I seriously doubt they will accept any form of outside payment.

Ditto for redeeming your Starbucks Points for free product.

I seriously doubt they will accept any form of outside payment.

Ditto for redeeming your Starbucks Points for free product.

That’s what I thought, but if this is the Starbucks onboard, why would they mention Starbucks Rewards? That would be highly misleading as you have to use your Starbucks card to make your purchase to receive stars... Interesting that’s all...

I was provided with the Bliss Ocean Blue Menu which looks nothing like the OB menu's I have seen. Actually the Bayamo one looks more like the older OB menu. And I have the La Cucina Menu and it is much different then the Escape La Cucina Menu which I just had in January....and was my favorite. Bliss La Cucina Dinner Menu (1).pdf

Bliss Ocean Blue WEST COAST Dinner Menu (1).pdf

I was provided with the Bliss Ocean Blue Menu which looks nothing like the OB menu's I have seen. Actually the Bayamo one looks more like the older OB menu. And I have the La Cucina Menu and it is much different then the Escape La Cucina Menu which I just had in January....and was my favorite. [ATTACH]419590[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]419591[/ATTACH]

If that’s going to be the new menu for OB I think I’ll be changing my 2 reservations to a different restaurant. [emoji20]

Linda

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The do not have the Trio platter with the Lobster tail shrimp and I think it was snapper. What ship was the new menu on?

I know Bayamo on the Escape has an Ocean blue menu , I found the New Bayamo, it has lobster many many ways

i-fgHS77W.jpg

This menu looks just like the Ocean Blue menu on the Getaway.

If that’s going to be the new menu for OB I think I’ll be changing my 2 reservations to a different restaurant. [emoji20]

Linda

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did change our minds about going there after we saw the menu as it wasn't an appetizing menu and no lobster.

La Cucina had pizza similar to the old La Cucina menu.

We did change our minds about going there after we saw the menu as it wasn't an appetizing menu and no lobster.

La Cucina had pizza similar to the old La Cucina menu.

I agree I don’t find it appetizing, and I wouldn’t pay an extra charge for it. Maybe if I liked oysters [emoji848]🤢

Linda

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree I don’t find it appetizing, and I wouldn’t pay an extra charge for it. Maybe if I liked oysters [emoji848]🤢

Linda

We were shocked because the other Ocean Blue menu's looked really wonderful. And earlier a poster put the Bayamo menu on and it looks just like the old OB menu. I was surprised because Bayamo restaurant had a latin twist to it. This menu that was posted does not.

i-fgHS77W.jpg

Bliss. It is posted below.

I was on BA in December and this was the menu in OB, and I LOVED it. I went to OB 4 time in a week! [emoji39]

Linda

I was on the Escape in Jan. They do not have that menu so was looking to try it on the Bliss...very disappointed. Also the La Cucina is different from the Escape. That was my favorite and the steaks I had are no longer there nor is the angel hair past dish. I wonder why so different?

That’s what I thought, but if this is the Starbucks onboard, why would they mention Starbucks Rewards? That would be highly misleading as you have to use your Starbucks card to make your purchase to receive stars... Interesting that’s all...

That’s exactly what I was thinking too. The sign is going to lead to a lot of confusion unless it’s specified that yes, you can use your Starbucks card. Because as you said that is the ONLY way one can earn reward points. Here’s hoping someone on the TA can advise during their cruise. I always keep a balance on my Starbucks gift cards so if I can use them onboard that would be great.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Do you have any idea if there is any difference between Bliss 9700 and 11700 in size or cabin features? They are depicted differently on the Bliss deck plans, with 9700 showing a large room and the other decks 10700-13700 showing the mysterious white space, which on the Escape is partially filled up with a secret sofa alcove. Any rumors of how these cabins --700 are laid out on Bliss?

I have been asking this question for forever, and no one seems to have an answer. from the deck plans i'm expecting that 10700-13700 will all be like the video on you tube on the escape of 10700, and am hoping that 9700, is even bigger. I'm hoping some TA's or people on the inaugural are in the know about these special rooms and will get some footage. Pretty Please!

I was on the Escape in Jan. They do not have that menu so was looking to try it on the Bliss...very disappointed. Also the La Cucina is different from the Escape. That was my favorite and the steaks I had are no longer there nor is the angel hair past dish. I wonder why so different?

Good question!

That’s exactly what I was thinking too. The sign is going to lead to a lot of confusion unless it’s specified that yes, you can use your Starbucks card. Because as you said that is the ONLY way one can earn reward points. Here’s hoping someone on the TA can advise during their cruise. I always keep a balance on my Starbucks gift cards so if I can use them onboard that would be great.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Watching to see how this plays out....

I was provided with the Bliss Ocean Blue Menu which looks nothing like the OB menu's I have seen. Actually the Bayamo one looks more like the older OB menu. And I have the La Cucina Menu and it is much different then the Escape La Cucina Menu which I just had in January....and was my favorite. [ATTACH]419590[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]419591[/ATTACH]

That looks like maybe the Raw bar version, I cannot imagine they would take off Chef Zakarains signature Dover sole dish for one.

It looks like a raw bar menu Especially since its heavy on the Oysters, 7 kinds, one green salad, no sides, no Crab legs or claws.

If this is the new Ocean Blue, the cancellations will flood in

I would think Escape getting a new Huge Lobster filled menu, makes this one look paltry.

We will find out next week, when people sail.

Thanks for sharing,

this is the Breakaway that I did I cannot imagine that they would completely change it to a subpar selection.

30709303_10214742644554112_8729275810592452175_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeG1KztR5S_vWFpTk20571Qte4sI_Hu3HZbh3sPuU8PoXi7Ra6MJWOgdLsw3GLDqrEWQXPRyxPleBXWiLMk_SQVh132qRGU8njs4DzMy_j_KYA&oh=cce220f970cfe7677deb0f778e2c5046&oe=5B65C24A

30743569_10214742647074175_1641373558134291728_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeGigF3sHXNIyJOqrnHdk0tllT2DKvuYmnZ8EvEU1NwSiVvLDGmvFaGvG85beNwfuWsEMWMW7F1oUwiOsVjgBcLi9nWhwEmKsxfZYRfJSsHtHA&oh=4b11c9f441bd13e997d040eaa24d1515&oe=5B559C44

That looks like maybe the Raw bar version, I cannot imagine they would take off Chef Zakarains signature Dover sole dish for one.

It looks like a raw bar menu Especially since its heavy on the Oysters, 7 kinds, one green salad, no sides, no Crab legs or claws.

If this is the new Ocean Blue, the cancellations will flood in

I would think Escape getting a new Huge Lobster filled menu, makes this one look paltry.

We will find out next week, when people sail.

Thanks for sharing,

this is the Breakaway that I did I cannot imagine that they would completely change it to a subpar selection.

I’m not convinced Zakarian has anything to do with Ocean Blue currently. His name is not associated at all with the listing on NCL.com - for the Bliss.

IMG_0487.thumb.JPG.a97689d8d356ec545284cc807ab9f0ff.JPG

I really like the Q menu, so maybe we’ll go there an extra time, and it’s never a problem going to Cagney’s or Bistro a couple of extra times! [emoji39][emoji16][emoji41] we’ve got 15 days to try to squeeze everything in. [emoji5]

Linda

I’m not convinced Zakarian has anything to do with Ocean Blue currently. His name is not associated at all with the listing on NCL.com - for the Bliss.

[ATTACH]419594[/ATTACH]

Confirmed....Chef Zakarian is no longer with NCL.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/cruiselog/2015/08/10/norwegian-cruise-line-drops-iron-chef-geoffrey-zakarian/31410075/

Step on board with UBP (beverage package) and SDP (dining package). Pick 3 specialty restaurants and go enjoy them. Stop by Food Republic for a la carte small plates. My on-board Account now is far less than it was 4 or 5 years ago. You just have to get over that learning curve!

Thanks for the tips! When I booked I got one free perk and I (stupidly?) chose the internet package as it was the only perk that didn't add extra $$ to my fare. I was also confused how the other perks would work since I am travelling with 2 kids (3 of us total). I know with the beverage package you are meant to have it for all in the room, but since 2 are kids I assume that would be switched to the soda package BUT would I pay the beverage package gratuity on both first and second person rather than one beverage package and two soda packages> At booking it just added two beverage packages when I chose that and it wanted to charge gratuity on them. I am still thinking of trying to switch to the beverage package - one kid wouldn't get any use out of the soda package as he doesn't drink soda, but if I get the other two of us free then it would all even oout.

Not sure the specialty dining would be worth it for us since the kids likely wouldn't be that adventurous - they like the classic "kid" fare - cheeseburger, pizza, hot dog...sigh!