Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

That’s what I thought, but if this is the Starbucks onboard, why would they mention Starbucks Rewards? That would be highly misleading as you have to use your Starbucks card to make your purchase to receive stars... Interesting that’s all...

It is interesting. I went to the RCCL boards and it appears one can use your starbuck gift cards with starbucks on the Oasis Ships. Look it up as there are lots of answers on this. Some people have even mentioned using their app as well. Whether it will be applicable to NCL is of course not known yet. Hopefully it can.

Edited by BobbyOrr
Grammer and more info

Thanks for the tips! When I booked I got one free perk and I (stupidly?) chose the internet package as it was the only perk that didn't add extra $$ to my fare. I was also confused how the other perks would work since I am travelling with 2 kids (3 of us total). I know with the beverage package you are meant to have it for all in the room, but since 2 are kids I assume that would be switched to the soda package BUT would I pay the beverage package gratuity on both first and second person rather than one beverage package and two soda packages> At booking it just added two beverage packages when I chose that and it wanted to charge gratuity on them. I am still thinking of trying to switch to the beverage package - one kid wouldn't get any use out of the soda package as he doesn't drink soda, but if I get the other two of us free then it would all even oout.

Not sure the specialty dining would be worth it for us since the kids likely wouldn't be that adventurous - they like the classic "kid" fare - cheeseburger, pizza, hot dog...sigh!

You might be able to switch your perk to dining or UBP. It’s worth a try!! The gratuities are only for passenger 1 and 2 you will not be required to purchase the soda package for the kids.

...and if you decide to pick the dining your kids can still order from the standard kids menu at no additional charge and eat with you at the speciality restaurants!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by happy cruzin

I contacted NCL, and I was sent the proof copy of the'West Coast' Ocean Blue menu, and only Lobster pie, or the big combo with the Halibut

Steamed Pacific Halibut / Leek Fondue / King Crab / Shrimp / Lobster / Crustacean Bisque

We are going to the land of Alaskan King crab in the shell, no King Crab leg appetizer or crab claw appetizer. Barents Sea King Crab is in the description of one of the dishes. Barants sea is North of Scandinavia

We can have in King crab pasta with korean chili or the crab salad. or the Halibut combo

I will be cancelling my Ocean Blue as well if its is that menu, when we sale in June.

the main Entrees

MAINS

Fisherman’s Recommendation / Any of our Exceptional Fresh Fish - Simply Prepared - Steamed or Sautée Lemon Caper Butter Sauce / Chimichurri Sauce / Roast Fingerling Potatoes / Cumin-Roasted Baby Carrots $ 24.99

THE SEA

Rigatoni Pasta / Barents Sea King Crab / Korean Chili / Cream / Wild Greens $ 24.99

Pan-Seared Scallops* / Thai Spiced Carrot Purée / Foamy Coconut Sauce $ 19.99

Cold Water Lobster Pot Pie / Américaine Sauce / Morels / Asparagus Tips / Flaky Pastry $ 24.99

Sautéed Black Seabass Fillet* / Sautéed Savoy Cabbage / Applewood Bacon /

Young Peas / Merlot Sauce $ 21.99

Steamed Pacific Halibut / Leek Fondue / King Crab / Shrimp / Lobster / Crustacean Bisque $ 34.99

THE LAND

Tongue and Cheek / Beef Cheek and Tongue Braised in IPA Beer / Red Wine

Yukon Gold Horseradish Mash / Charred Carrot / Turnip Green $ 16.99

Roasted Beef Tenderloin* / Chanterelle Mushroom Ragout / Truffle Mashed Potatoes $ 23.99

THE SKY

Roasted Muscovy Duck Breast / Duck Croquette / Butternut Squash Puree / Blueberry Vinegar Jus $ 17.99

Cannot wait for the TA and Panama crossing people to report if its really true.

I seriously doubt they will accept any form of outside payment.

Ditto for redeeming your Starbucks Points for free product.

I can see them not redeeming points for a free product (in Las Vegas, out of the 100s of Starbucks on the strip, only one will let you redeem points) but I also find it intriging that they have the sign there. I use my app for payment so I may need to pick up a physical card, just in case. And I totally hope they have a special Bliss mug.

I was also confused how the other perks would work since I am travelling with 2 kids (3 of us total). I know with the beverage package you are meant to have it for all in the room, but since 2 are kids I assume that would be switched to the soda package BUT would I pay the beverage package gratuity on both first and second person rather than one beverage package and two soda packages> At booking it just added two beverage packages when I chose that and it wanted to charge gratuity on them. I am still thinking of trying to switch to the beverage package - one kid wouldn't get any use out of the soda package as he doesn't drink soda, but if I get the other two of us free then it would all even oout.

When taking the promo, only guests 1&2 get the UBP. The 3rd doesn't have to get anything. The system will add the 20% UBP service charge for both. Once the age of the child is entered, the UBP becomes the soda program (much smaller service charge).

When taking the promo, only guests 1&2 get the UBP. The 3rd doesn't have to get anything. The system will add the 20% UBP service charge for both. Once the age of the child is entered, the UBP becomes the soda program (much smaller service charge).

Perfect - thank you! I think I will call and try to switch to that then!

I contacted NCL, and I was sent the proof copy of the'West Coast' Ocean Blue menu, and only Lobster pie, or the big combo with the Halibut

Steamed Pacific Halibut / Leek Fondue / King Crab / Shrimp / Lobster / Crustacean Bisque

We are going to the land of Alaskan King crab in the shell, no King Crab leg appetizer or crab claw appetizer. Barents Sea King Crab is in the description of one of the dishes. Barants sea is North of Scandinavia

We can have in King crab pasta with korean chili or the crab salad. or the Halibut combo

I will be cancelling my Ocean Blue as well if its is that menu, when we sale in June.

the main Entrees

MAINS

Fisherman’s Recommendation / Any of our Exceptional Fresh Fish - Simply Prepared - Steamed or Sautée Lemon Caper Butter Sauce / Chimichurri Sauce / Roast Fingerling Potatoes / Cumin-Roasted Baby Carrots $ 24.99

THE SEA

Rigatoni Pasta / Barents Sea King Crab / Korean Chili / Cream / Wild Greens $ 24.99

Pan-Seared Scallops* / Thai Spiced Carrot Purée / Foamy Coconut Sauce $ 19.99

Cold Water Lobster Pot Pie / Américaine Sauce / Morels / Asparagus Tips / Flaky Pastry $ 24.99

Sautéed Black Seabass Fillet* / Sautéed Savoy Cabbage / Applewood Bacon /

Young Peas / Merlot Sauce $ 21.99

Steamed Pacific Halibut / Leek Fondue / King Crab / Shrimp / Lobster / Crustacean Bisque $ 34.99

THE LAND

Tongue and Cheek / Beef Cheek and Tongue Braised in IPA Beer / Red Wine

Yukon Gold Horseradish Mash / Charred Carrot / Turnip Green $ 16.99

Roasted Beef Tenderloin* / Chanterelle Mushroom Ragout / Truffle Mashed Potatoes $ 23.99

THE SKY

Roasted Muscovy Duck Breast / Duck Croquette / Butternut Squash Puree / Blueberry Vinegar Jus $ 17.99

Cannot wait for the TA and Panama crossing people to report if its really true.

This was the Ocean Blue menu of the Getaway just before Xmas... We ate there several times on it’s TA from Europe back to Florida.

The new Ocean Blue menu for the Bliss doesn’t begin to compare with the old menu and is certainly not worthy of the supplement in our opinion...

The Ocean Blue was always a dining highlight on other ships, it seems it will be nothing special on the Bliss..

I have no idea whether NCL read these Cruise Critic Forums but if they do, they should be made aware of what their longstanding loyal guests think of unacceptable changes like this...

1711661613037af3a59136c11879df9c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This was the Ocean Blue menu of the Getaway just before Xmas... We ate there several times on it’s TA from Europe back to Florida.

The new Ocean Blue menu for the Bliss doesn’t begin to compare with the old menu and is certainly not worthy of the supplement in our opinion...

The Ocean Blue was always a dining highlight on other ships, it seems it will be nothing special on the Bliss..

I have no idea whether NCL read these Cruise Critic Forums but if they do, they should be made aware of what their longstanding loyal guests think of unacceptable changes like this...

Yes...that’s what I was expecting to find on the Bliss. But I guess not! [emoji849]

Let’s try to keep things in perspective, shall we? This is a dining room menu, after all. I’m sure some of the people who live in the areas the Bliss will be visiting (namely the VIs) would rather be dealing with menu changes at their favorite restaurant than the ongoing rebuilding efforts.

Let’s try to keep things in perspective, shall we? This is a dining room menu, after all. I’m sure some of the people who live in the areas the Bliss will be visiting (namely the VIs) would rather be dealing with menu changes at their favorite restaurant than the ongoing rebuilding efforts.

[emoji849]

Oh, here's one... How about the Starbucks gold card benefit of free refills on simple coffee and tea products as long as you're in the store... I'll be finding this out on the Panama Canal cruise in the upcoming weeks. :)

Refills. That would be amazing.