Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

Probably close to 100 maybe a little more

Actually the Haven Observation Lounge is huge. I would say all the Haven guests could be seated at one time. The 18th Floor Lounge has chaise lounges (about 10), plus semi-circle couches, and more intimate seating scattered around. From 2 to 4 pm, a light buffet is served with fruit, cakes, and candies (MMS, Gummi worms, etc) and there is an espresso/cappuccino machine. The windows go from Decks 18 to 19. Deck 19 has a Library and nice chairs to sit and read. My only complaint is the pathetic music they insist on playing (sorta techno with constant drum or synthesizer beats...). Ear buds were a must.

Any thoughts about why NCL has not posted floor plans for rooms like the Haven Courtyard Penthouse ( despite the fact that there’s a link to pics and “floor plans”. Is it because there’s too much variation in different HCP rooms?

We are in a Haven 2-Bedroom Family Suite, Deck 18. Looking over our balcony, the Haven balconies on Deck 17 are deeper by about 2 ft than on Deck 18. I think the suites dimensions are the same between the two decks.

We are in a Haven 2-Bedroom Family Suite, Deck 18. Looking over our balcony, the Haven balconies on Deck 17 are deeper by about 2 ft than on Deck 18. I think the suites dimensions are the same between the two decks.

On the Escape the 17th and 18th floor Haven suites all appeared to have the same size balconies other than the front owner’s suites (which have all been removed except for the deluxe owners suites on the 18th).

I am pretty sure that the remainder of the suites have the same size balconies based upon the photos I have seen...

On the Escape the 17th and 18th floor Haven suites all appeared to have the same size balconies other than the front owner’s suites (which have all been removed except for the deluxe owners suites on the 18th).

I am pretty sure that the remainder of the suites have the same size balconies based upon the photos I have seen...

Actually, in looking at the videos posted I stand corrected. The 17th floor rooms have an extra two feet or so of deck that extends past the bathroom window.

Hi,

All news reports say that lobster prices were affected by the terrible storms this past winter and the prices are through the roof everywhere.

Saw photos of lobster in the Garden buffet for lunch today. TheDougOut and CoffeeGoddess live posted them on their thread. CoffeeGoddess said it wasn’t very good. Guess that’s what you get for free! 🤪

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have looked, but not seen anything. Early on there was speculation that the beds in studio cabins would be smaller than the queen beds on other breakaway class ships to allow more space in cabin. This was based on cabin diagrams. Any truth to that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have looked, but not seen anything. Early on there was speculation that the beds in studio cabins would be smaller than the queen beds on other breakaway class ships to allow more space in cabin. This was based on cabin diagrams. Any truth to that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the beds in the studios are smaller. More like 1,5*

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

sorry to be yet another poster bothering you with questions, but maybe one of my fellow readers knows and can answer?

I'm going on my first cruise on the Bliss in June to Alaska, I guess this is a real noob question: is the bow of the ship accessible for walking around? as in, like, right up front like Kate + Leo? I've seen no pictures of people strolling there but I can't imagine that big flat area isn't a deck of some sort? Maybe only accessible to Haven guests?

We sailed to Alaska on the NCL Pearl and they only opened up the very front of the ship on the day we cruised the glaciers. We sailed in August and now we are booked for the very last cruise to Alaska in September.

We sailed to Alaska on the NCL Pearl and they only opened up the very front of the ship on the day we cruised the glaciers. We sailed in August and now we are booked for the very last cruise to Alaska in September.

How was your weather in August? Must have been pretty good to be braving September this time :):D:D:D:D:D:-D

Oooh daang. That's good to hear. I don't think my cruise has any days called out where they are explicitly cruising glacier areas, but it seems likely that we'd see some right?

Oooh daang. That's good to hear. I don't think my cruise has any days called out where they are explicitly cruising glacier areas, but it seems likely that we'd see some right?

Weather is really unpredictable in Alaska. You can’t really make comparisons of different months or even years.

I did the last cruise NCL had out of Alaska last September/October. We had rain at our first port, Fairbanks. This was pretty much what we expected. The next day was sunny and sun was all we had for the remainder of the 10 day cruise. Wow!

At several ports we were told by locals that we were having unexpected weather as it had been cool and wet all summer long.

It goes to show you that you go to Alaska for the scenery not the weather. And sometimes you luck out with the weather.

Weather is really unpredictable in Alaska. You can’t really make comparisons of different months or even years.

I did the last cruise NCL had out of Alaska last September/October. We had rain at our first port, Fairbanks. This was pretty much what we expected. The next day was sunny and sun was all we had for the remainder of the 10 day cruise. Wow!

At several ports we were told by locals that we were having unexpected weather as it had been cool and wet all summer long.

It goes to show you that you go to Alaska for the scenery not the weather. And sometimes you luck out with the weather.

I live in Seattle, I'm ready for it to rain the whole trip.

I live in Seattle, I'm ready for it to rain the whole trip.

I'm originally from AK and have family in Seattle. I know what you mean. I always expect the overcast and wet. When there are sunny days it's a treat. I've experienced much nice weather in the Pacific NW, it's that you just don't want to count on it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Aft as well on same date. See you in a month!!

Yay, FreestyleNovice! I've been waiting for this thread.

We are booked on the Bliss for the inaugural Seattle to Alaska cruise on June 2, 2018. Cannot wait! This will be our first time on a mega size ship and also our first time on a brand new ship. We splurged a little extra for an aft balcony cabin. Only 436 days to go! ;)

Woot woot we are tooo!! 143dys left

All right!

Looks like the pilot just got aboard....the Bliss should be under The Bridge in about an hour, or so, and come into view of the NY Harbor webcam...

I hope that they 'man' the camera tonight, and pan the ship, otherwise we will just get a glimpse as they sail past...