GoJet

ceba

I quickly purchased an United air ticket today without looking at the aircraft for the flight. My flight is from SGU to SAT, with a plane change in Denver. I am familiar with Skywest, the regional carrier that opperates for United out of SGU. What I didn't notice was that GoJet is the United carrier out of Denver. I've been doing some reading on the web and can't find anything particularly alarming about GoJet except complaints that some people feel underpaid and some are inexperienced. Does anyone have additional info on GoJet? Are they a good airline?

Well, the first thing is...what do you mean by "good airline"?

They are a contract carrier for both UA (out of DEN) and DL (out of JFK). Operate CRJs on thin market routes. Seating and service will be like most CRJ flights.

Nope, they aren't Singapore or Etihad. They also aren't Air Koryo.

What else do you want to know?

Well, the first thing is...what do you mean by "good airline"?

They are a contract carrier for both UA (out of DEN) and DL (out of JFK). Operate CRJs on thin market routes. Seating and service will be like most CRJ flights.

Nope, they aren't Singapore or Etihad. They also aren't Air Koryo.

What else do you want to know?

Well, I guess what I want to know (but was uncomfortable to ask) is are these pilots typically young and inexperienced? Are the mechanics young and inexperienced?

Well, I guess what I want to know (but was uncomfortable to ask) is are these pilots typically young and inexperienced? Are the mechanics young and inexperienced?

I'll interview each and everyone and get back to you with my findings shortly.

We understand the concerns, although there sometimes isn't much to be done about it, other than "don't go" or "drive", etc.

We are actually a bit more concerned about pay, figuring the better talent is likely to get jobs with higher paying airlines - same as with many jobs.

But when/if we start to fret about a "lesser link" in a trip, we remind ourselves that we just have *not* been hearing any reports about those planes falling out of the sky (although accidents could happen anywhere, and especially driving to the airport...).

What we do hear about on occasion are smaller, private planes that get into trouble.

That, we wouldn't do.

I'll interview each and everyone and get back to you with my findings shortly.

Haha, very funny.....okay, fair enough. I know that some of these regionals hire new pilots and don't pay them very much, yet they gain some flight time to move up to fly with the big boys. Simply wondering if GoJet fell into that catagory. Still a dumb question?

Haha, very funny.....okay, fair enough. I know that some of these regionals hire new pilots and don't pay them very much, yet they gain some flight time to move up to fly with the big boys. Simply wondering if GoJet fell into that catagory. Still a dumb question?

I understand the question but can't alleviate the concern.

Is Captain Sully or Captain John Cox working for GoJet? No. They are or were too experienced and make too much money to work for such a small airline. However, GoJet is where the future Sully's are getting their experience and hours.

Are you getting the cream of the crop? No. Are you getting a trained flight crew? yes

Are you going to cancel your travel plans or pay any change fees to avoid flying GoJet? Nothing tells me that this would be my decision.

Therefore, since you can't control it, stop wasting energy and time worrying about it.

Move on to something you can control.

Yes, I know the question you are asking but it's still a stupid question, IMO.

Regional airlines are usually home to younger, less experienced crew but they're certainly more than capable.

We understand the concerns, although there sometimes isn't much to be done about it, other than "don't go" or "drive", etc.

We are actually a bit more concerned about pay, figuring the better talent is likely to get jobs with higher paying airlines - same as with many jobs.

But when/if we start to fret about a "lesser link" in a trip, we remind ourselves that we just have *not* been hearing any reports about those planes falling out of the sky (although accidents could happen anywhere, and especially driving to the airport...).

What we do hear about on occasion are smaller, private planes that get into trouble.

That, we wouldn't do.

Thank you. In hind sight the question is vague and almost impossible to answer. Last night it seemed more important ;). I understand what you're saying and know this to be true. I'm interested in the air industry and had never heard of this company.

Okay everyone, I appreciate your time. Clearly you all have experience and can be a great resource to the rest of us who don't. And perhaps you get incredibly tired of "stupid" questions. All airlines have ratings, scores, reviews. I can look that up on the internet. But because of the experience this board offers I was curious if anyone had any insight on this particular company. I was just interested. We can wrap this up. Thank you

You do know you are way better off now then in 2013?

FAA increased minimum hours for Regional Jet First Officer Air Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate from 250 to 1,500 and for a restricted ATP you need 1k hours.

What's wrong with using google other only finding negative things...

Airline Incidents for airline GoJet

https://www.aeroinside.com/incidents/airline/gojet

You do know you are way better off now then in 2013?

FAA increased minimum hours for Regional Jet First Officer Air Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate from 250 to 1,500 and for a restricted ATP you need 1k hours.

What's wrong with using google other only finding negative things...

Airline Incidents for airline GoJet

https://www.aeroinside.com/incidents/airline/gojet

Yes, I read the incident report last night. I also read that many regional operations were raising the pay because of pilot shortages as of last year. I know that GoJet is owned by Trans States Holdings and was formed in 2005 to operate feeder service for United. I didn't know about the increase in required hours, so I thank you for that information. You don't know me so you wouldn't know that I don't look for the negative.