Door decorating - how popular is it?

My DD has vision problems and I'm not sure he'll be able to read the cabin numbers. I was thinking of making some small sign in a bright neon color to help him find his cabin if he should ever want to go to it on his own.

My DD has vision problems and I'm not sure he'll be able to read the cabin numbers. I was thinking of making some small sign in a bright neon color to help him find his cabin if he should ever want to go to it on his own.

I think that's a great idea! :D You could even make a "design #" with different shapes, etc. I remember way back on another cruise forum they had group cruises once/year and there was always a door decorating contest! I am going to bring my cruise history sign and my wake picture and poems and just keep my fingers crossed.

My DW and I was just on a Mexican Rivera cruise over last Christmas, on Princess. There was a lot of doors decorated in fact my birthday is 6 days before Christmas so our door was not Christmas stuff rather birthday stuff. I also recall that Princess put a Christmas decoration on every mail box:D.

Its fun to decorate doors....as for hotel rooms, if you have kids in sports who are competitive, you may have decorated hotel room doors. It's your home for a few days. Make it fun! Our next cruise is our 25th anniversary, and we have a celebration poster we will hang.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The most popular time we have seen decorations is Christmas time for the most part. We do not and have never done it, we are in the camp that we would not decorate a hotel door so we would not even think to do it on a cruise I guess.

We have not seen many decorations in the last few years outside of the holiday doors but even that is not as popular as it once was. Maybe if you have a large theme group cruising together you may see more decorations but other than that and the holidays, not popular anymore.

It's probably not as popular because of the restrictions. Everything has to be fire retardant.

And as for those who rudely said 'normal' people don't do it...I am QUITE sure you have done things in your life that aren't "normal." If not, you have lived a very boring life!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk