First Timer NCL

JROMom

Hello, I'm fairly new to the boards and very new to NCL!

I just booked the 9 night Scandinavia/Russia Cruise August 2018 for myself, husband and daughter who will be 15. We are avid DCL cruisers, and did our first RCCL cruise January 2016 out of Dubai. I had a deposit down on the 7 night DCL cruise with same ports (minus berlin), but we are Canadian and found the NCL pricing to be better in Canadian funds without the exchange rate.

I booked a B6 large balcony, room 9722. Also could choose two of the offers so took the free specialty dining and the drink package. Any words of advice/wisdom on this particular room and about the Breakaway? Look forward to hearing all about it!

The Breakaway should be a wonderful ship for your cruise. She will have just undergone a major dry dock (may 2018) making all of her public areas new and fresh. We have sailed on the Breakaway and her sister ships a total of 6 times. And,,, we will be on the Breakaway again in a few weeks going to Bermuda.

Hello, I'm fairly new to the boards and very new to NCL!

I just booked the 9 night Scandinavia/Russia Cruise August 2018 for myself, husband and daughter who will be 15. We are avid DCL cruisers, and did our first RCCL cruise January 2016 out of Dubai. I had a deposit down on the 7 night DCL cruise with same ports (minus berlin), but we are Canadian and found the NCL pricing to be better in Canadian funds without the exchange rate.

I booked a B6 large balcony, room 9722. Also could choose two of the offers so took the free specialty dining and the drink package. Any words of advice/wisdom on this particular room and about the Breakaway? Look forward to hearing all about it!

We were in 9728 a few years ago. I loved the large balcony. It was partly covered, if we wanted shade. We had a lounger to enjoy the open sunny section. My DH & I enjoyed the Breakaway as our favorite ship thus far. We felt like there was so many options for entertainment at night that we couldn't do it all. Howl at the Moon was our favorite. Have a great trip!

We are on our first NCL cruise in August of 2018 as well. The difference between the DCL and NCL was about 7 grand. It could be a hoot.

That's what we found as well. The difference between the two was about $6,300 Canadian. It was too big of a difference to ignore.

We originally booked a large balcony. However all they had available were starboard side, and that is the side the allow smoking at the waterfront. I moved out cabin to the port side, but had to go to a general balcony one.

I think we will miss the character interaction from Disney, though I am not sure on this cruise their would be much time for it.

I am new to NCL as well. I am also pretty new to cruises. I took one in 2015 with my entire family. My husband passed away 3 years ago and I am trying to teach myself to travel on my own. I am going July 2018 from Barcelona on the Epic. I am staying in a solo cabin. It was the best option for me travelling alone. I am from Canada and not sure if I am going to arrive early or stay after the cruise. I am also hoping to visit friends in France pre/post cruise. Just trying to decide which is the best option.

We are sailing on the Breakaway in that room (9722) 4/9. It is our first cruise ever (just my husband & I) & we are really excited. Funny thing - I had been looking at that Scandinavia/Russia cruise for 2018! We wanted to complete this cruise first though to make sure we like cruising! If you have any specific questions about this room, I'll be happy to answer when we get back.

We originally booked a large balcony. However all they had available were starboard side, and that is the side the allow smoking at the waterfront. I moved out cabin to the port side, but had to go to a general balcony one.

If it's possible I would move back to the large balcony.

You have swapped a really nice balcony with room for loungers etc for a tiny one that barely fits two people so that you won't be about 100 metres away from people smoking

Those people are a long way behind your cabin so their smoke would have to travel all that distance into the wind to get to you.

The breakaway is an absolutely amazing ship! One of my favourites without a doubt.

She is so full with so much to do and the promonade deck makes the best place to sit out and enjoy a drink. I love to sit there and watch the world go by!

The main things that make NCL different are 1) Freestyle dining and 2) You need to pre book the shows. If you can book them before you go that is ideal, if not book them on the first day. The theatre shows are absolutely incredible but it is a pain waiting around if you don't book.

I'm sure you'll love NCL, I go back to them time and time again. Here are my first time NCL tips: http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/12/04/8-things-ncl/

I hope that helps! Your daughter will love NCL, I cruised with them as a teenager and made friends that I still have to this day.

The drinks package is amazing, the raspberry mojito is to die for! I've explained that on the link too and I've got a breakaway gallery which may be of interest.

I'm very envious!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums