Staggered boarding

Megan_Strick

I have 11:30 boarding. Will the let us in to the terminal to sit and wait until our time to board?
You have 11:30 CHECK-IN time. That is when they will allow you into the terminal to begin the check-in process.

I have followed some of the advice to get past the passport issue, but I still see no indication of a check-in time selection, so it seems either it isn't "open" yet, or it isn't offered until after you've paid in full.

I have followed some of the advice to get past the passport issue, but I still see no indication of a check-in time selection, so it seems either it isn't "open" yet, or it isn't offered until after you've paid in full.

It probably isn't offered yet seeing how your cruise isn't until November. If I remember right on our last cruise in February, it wasn't offered right away but was offered before we paid off the cruise.

What is wrong with these people??/ Don't they know I like to be the first one in there?!?!?! :D

I know, right? What really makes me mad is that they actually make you get off the ship when the cruise is over :mad:

Has nothing to do with paying in full. Has everything to do with ship/Orr and whether it is being done there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It probably isn't offered yet seeing how your cruise isn't until November. If I remember right on our last cruise in February, it wasn't offered right away but was offered before we paid off the cruise.

We cruise from Galveston in Dec , We have all ready picked a check in time

I don't know that I would describe the policy as "strictly adhered to" at all. It is completely dependent on the agents at the ports (who are not Carnival employees) to be trained on the policy and enforcing it. So far we have experienced staggered check-in at the ports of Charleston and Port Canaveral and it was not enforced at either one, at least not on the days we were there.

We cruise from Galveston in Dec , We have all ready picked a check in time

This is what I DO NOT understand. We sail from Galveston on the Freedom in October, and it still has not showed up. Some people say it shows up about 90 days prior, but obviously that's not right if you have already picked yours for December. So there really seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when it's available to pick. So frustrating!

Does ANYONE know the actual answer to this?

This is what I DO NOT understand. We sail from Galveston on the Freedom in October, and it still has not showed up. Some people say it shows up about 90 days prior, but obviously that's not right if you have already picked yours for December. So there really seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when it's available to pick. So frustrating!

Does ANYONE know the actual answer to this?

What I was told, may or may not apply...sometimes your browser does not refresh but reverts to a cache page. Try opening using a different browser or clearing your cache/cookies. Mine didn't show at first on Explorer but when I opened the website with Chrome, it was there.

I don't know that I would describe the policy as "strictly adhered to" at all. It is completely dependent on the agents at the ports (who are not Carnival employees)

A couple of caveats, the agents are part time Carnival employees. Here in Galveston there is a small army of them, some couples that work the sailings of three Carnival ships.

Galveston was one of the first to do the check in time system and the have enforced it since day one. The regular entry door has a line of people in their time slot waiting to enter. A separate door for priority takes you right to security screening area.

Edited by BallFour4

This is what I DO NOT understand. We sail from Galveston on the Freedom in October, and it still has not showed up.

By now your cruise is paid in full and your check-in time slot should have opened up. Call Carnival customer service and get that solved. We've got check-in times locked in for cruises that far out from here in Galveston, so a call might help you get the earlier time slots.

So this is actually stringently adhered to at Carnival. (It's rather casually regarded at Holland America.)
Why would they put a rule in place and not want people to adhere to it?
I wouldn't say that they do "not want people to adhere to it" so much as they simply do not want to get into the business of enforcing it.

So far we have experienced staggered check-in at the ports of Charleston and Port Canaveral and it was not enforced at either one, at least not on the days we were there.
Okay that's good information. Thanks.

What I was told, may or may not apply...sometimes your browser does not refresh but reverts to a cache page. Try opening using a different browser or clearing your cache/cookies. Mine didn't show at first on Explorer but when I opened the website with Chrome, it was there.

I tried that, didn't work. So I called Carnival. She said that unless you have priority check in (i.e. suite, Diamond or Platinum) then it will not show up until 3-4 months prior to sail date. Even with FTTF, it will not show up before then. So that would make sense on the randomness of why some see it and some don't at certain times. I hope that is true! lol. We do have FTTF so will be keeping an eye out for it the closer we get.

I tried that, didn't work. So I called Carnival. She said that unless you have priority check in (i.e. suite, Diamond or Platinum) then it will not show up until 3-4 months prior to sail date. Even with FTTF, it will not show up before then.

The bad news is I wasted your time posting about my experience. We're platinum (special, right?) hence I can get a time slot.

The good news is it doesn't matter since you wisely got FTTF. Pick any time you want and then go right to the left side of that long line and go in the Priority entrance. Galveston often doesn't have the sign in a very visible place, but it's right by the stairs where the parking shuttles drop off.

Enjoy your vacation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The bad news is I wasted your time posting about my experience. We're platinum (special, right?) hence I can get a time slot.

The good news is it doesn't matter since you wisely got FTTF. Pick any time you want and then go right to the left side of that long line and go in the Priority entrance. Galveston often doesn't have the sign in a very visible place, but it's right by the stairs where the parking shuttles drop off.

Enjoy your vacation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks! Never a waste of time posting about your experience! Thanks for the help. Wish it was today that we were checking in!

When you go to the online check-in there will be a box on the left side of the screen. That is where you pick a check-in time. And you don't have to actually to the check-in process to pick a time. We booked this morning and I did this just a few minutes ago.

You don't have to have priority boarding and it does show up way earlier than 3-4 months out. We booked today for September and it was already there. We are both gold and we did not buy FTTF. For my last cruise (Sept 2016 out of Galveston) I picked my check-in time very early in the year. And yes, they were enforcing the times too. We saw people turned away. We had to show our boarding pass with our check-in time before we could get into the terminal.