Wine / Vino package on the ship

poona1

Hi all...how much is the wine package...

from what price does it start and for how many bottles..

do we choose the wine or select from a list...

can we take it all over the cruise ship...

I did a quick search for this but I could not find a specific price....is it offered on the ncl gem..please help

It's called the Viva Vino Package, offered on most NCL ships, including the Gem, we get it for every cruise. As far as I know, having not cruised since Oct 2015, the prices haven't changed much. There is a list of wines, packaged range from $88 - 4 bottles @ the lowest level to over $216 for 8 bottles at highest level plus 18% gratuities.

In general, they will have a table set up in the atrium as you enter the ship, however, you can go to any bar and ask for the form for this package.

You can take the bottles with you, leave them and ask them to be chilled or mix and match. It's up to you. Once you pay for them, they're yours. Ask for a couple of wine glasses at your favourite bar and you're good to go.

PS - if we know we're having dinner in a specific restaurant we'll ask them to have a bottle chilled and available for our dinner at that restaurant. My understanding is that you just need to give them a coupon and they'll supply your bottle of wine regardless of what restaurant you're dining at.

Edited by All-ready2cruise
PS.

another great help from "all ready 2 cruise"...can't thank you enough..

is the minifride big enough for the bottles?

where do you chill them?

thanks

Aw, thank you, I do what I can. :o

We always ask for our fridge to be emptied but... we also ask for an Ice bucket to be kept filled each day. With everyone with latitudes from bronze onwards receiving a bottle of bubbly... (best served chilled with orange juice) there will be an ice bucket in your room. Your choice, fridge will hold 2 bottles of wine and whatever else you might want but having it emptied of the regular contents means you don't need to worry about the contents.

Happy cruises,