Milk

Cewyant81

Is milk available on the cruise? My 7 year old loves milk, but I'm not seeing it as an option. I've checked the provided beverage list as well as the bottomless bubbles. We leave on the Sunshine in 6 days, I was just curious. I'm hoping she won't be drinking water or lemonade for 5 days.

Cartons of milk (white or chocolate) are available at the buffet in the morning. This is the only time of the day that I am aware of that the milk is "self service".

In the dining rooms it is also available for the asking.

Cartons are also available through room service any time of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As stated, while milk might only be "out" during breakfast, you can get it everywhere, all day long. Just ask at the buffet line, MDR, etc

Yes, this is because of USPH food safety regulations. Any carton of milk that has been placed on the buffet line (in an ice bed or however) is now on time control, and must be discarded after 4 hours, and cannot be returned to temperature control in the refrigerators. So, at other meals, where milk usage is less, they will keep the milk in temperature control (in a refrigerator) until requested.

We were on RCI Mariner and my son asked for chocolate milk with dinner in the mdr on the first night, every night after that it was waiting for him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is standard operating procedure with any good waiter that you have each evening with fixed MDR seating that will be taking care of you for the whole cruise. Doesn't matter whether you're on RCI or Carnival.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

We were on RCI Mariner and my son asked for chocolate milk with dinner in the mdr on the first night, every night after that it was waiting for him.

How does this help a person on Carnival? Are you suggesting they change to a cruise on the RCI Mariner?

How does this help a person on Carnival? Are you suggesting they change to a cruise on the RCI Mariner?
I took ozgirl28's point to be that cruise lines, in general, will do as she suggested.

She was giving her personal experience about the situation

I have also been on the Disney boat and asked for milk in the evening and every night after that it was there when I arrived for dinner

First hand experience (I do it all the time), if it isn't out just ask. In the morning they have it out, the rest of the day, just ask a worker behind the buffet and they will get it for you (I have to have milk when I eat a chocolate dessert! lol!).

MDR ask your waiter and they will provide it, and if they are good, they will have it for you without asking after the first time or two. I ask for lemon for my water, and after the first night it is almost always brought to me without even asking.

They usually have whole milk, 2%, and chocolate.

Yes, this is because of USPH food safety regulations. Any carton of milk that has been placed on the buffet line (in an ice bed or however) is now on time control, and must be discarded after 4 hours, and cannot be returned to temperature control in the refrigerators. So, at other meals, where milk usage is less, they will keep the milk in temperature control (in a refrigerator) until requested.

Thank you for the information!

She was giving her personal experience about the situation

I have also been on the Disney boat and asked for milk in the evening and every night after that it was there when I arrived for dinner

Same here with Disney, I just expected it to be like that on every cruise line. Glad to hear milk is an option. I'm trying to make sure I know all the differences between disney and carnival

• 3 weeks later...

Geez, didn't expect to create a storm. Yes, my point which was done on the fly just before I went on our most recent cruise, was that we've experienced a fantastic service on the RCI line, and I would expect that any cruise line would do the same. To think I was suggesting switching to a specific ship on another line is taking things a little too far!