Account set up?

eeudj

I have three cabins booked that I will be paying for. My son and four of his cousin's are graduating and the cruise is our nephews and nieces present. Their parents are going with us as well and will be in their own cabin (paying for their own cruise). Each parents will be paying for their child's tips, bottomless bubbles, excursions ect. Do I need to get a credit card from each parents to check their child in on line? for their incidentals and gratuities? Or do I have to wait until I board and go to GS? TIA

You will need to put a credit card on each stateroom and set up who can do what with their S&S. (Make purchases etc) You can also pick the "cash" option.

We added our gratuities to our booking and paid upfront for them. I know everyone doesn't like to do that but I like knowing it is all taken care of.

Happy sailing and congratulations on the graduations!

Thank you for the congrats so happy for all of them ; 0 )

So each person in a room can not have a separate credit card assigned to them. It's only one card per stateroom? What I wanted to do was pay for the room fee only not the tips etc... of course I would pay for my kids gratuities etc...but did not want to be responsible for the rest

Thanks for response and patience

Thank you for the congrats so happy for all of them ; 0 )

So each person in a room can not have a separate credit card assigned to them. It's only one card per stateroom? What I wanted to do was pay for the room fee only not the tips etc... of course I would pay for my kids gratuities etc...but did not want to be responsible for the rest

Thanks for response and patience

I'm not sure how you planned on listing each person in which cabin but there are age limits ( I think 25) for cabins. You will have to probably have to place an adult in each cabin. (They can sleep where they want, just for booking reasons.) Then, when you do the online check in, it will ask for credit card info for each stateroom and who can use their S&S card to purchase. I'm sure you can assign a card to each S&S card if you wanted to.

Another reason to add an adult to each stateroom that a lot of people like, if you are looking at a Cheers program, everyone over 21 in the cabin has to buy one. Splitting adults in to cabins with underaged passengers allows them to purchase one Cheers program instead of 2 or more per cabin.

EVERY person can have a different form of payment, if they wish. You can add who you want to YOUR booking...and they can do their own "online check in" and set up whatever account type they want. Cash or credit card....doesn't really matter!

Ok sorry one more question.. If I prepay my gratuity does everyone in cabin have to prepay? That is what i am understanding from the Carnival website. If we prepay, we can charge that expense to the individual cards right?

You don't need credit card info to check people in online; believe you can choose cash and then everyone can set up their accounts upon check in with their own cards.

What you can do if you only want to prepay gratuities on one person in a cabin is buy that person OBC for the amount of the gratuities. Each person in the cabin can have their own account with their own cc card and OBC. It sounds like all this will be easiest to setup at check in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Each person in a cabin can have a different form of payment assigned to them. And it can be done on line. We have done this every time including on our cruise next month. We have had as many as 3 different credit cards used. One for each of us.

I am pretty sure they found out about who can be put into each cabin when they booked. But you don't need to have someone 25 or older in every cabin. Here is Carnival's policy:

Guests 12 and younger

If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).

Guests 18 – 20 years of age

Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.

Each person in a cabin can have a different form of payment assigned to them. And it can be done on line. We have done this every time including on our cruise next month. We have had as many as 3 different credit cards used. One for each of us.

I am pretty sure they found out about who can be put into each cabin when they booked. But you don't need to have someone 25 or older in every cabin. Here is Carnival's policy:

Guests 12 and younger

If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).

Guests 18 – 20 years of age

Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.

Clarifying --

True about setting up accounts with different forms of payment. But to prepay tips with different cards, need to call.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can separate charging privileges. You can link the credit card before to each person, or when you arrive. if you want to wait until you arrive, mark it as cash for now. They can also supply their account with cash if they would like instead of a credit card, or they could do both.