Single Supplement

I spoke with RC today to make a reservation. I asked her not to apply the single supplement so I could watch pricing. She then told mw the Single Supplement, if not applied at today's rate, will be based on the prevailing rate when I have it applied. I was not aware of this and asked if this was a new policy. She replied the new policy has been in effect for about a month.

Has anyone else heard of this or was aware of this? I realize I can keep track of prices by just writing down what the non-single supplement price is today.

I guess this is another example of changes that happen and we aren't informed by RC, but by CC members.

I've not heard of that policy specifically, but it is consistent with other modifications. For example, if you move from Emerald to Diamond and want to apply the higher Diamond balcony discount, the cruise is repriced.

She then told mw the Single Supplement, if not applied at today's rate, will be based on the prevailing rate when I have it applied. I was not aware of this and asked if this was a new policy. She replied the new policy has been in effect for about a month.

Just about any change to a reservation will trigger a reprice - that's certainly not a new thing.

I spoke with RC today to make a reservation. I asked her not to apply the single supplement so I could watch pricing. She then told mw the Single Supplement, if not applied at today's rate, will be based on the prevailing rate when I have it applied. I was not aware of this and asked if this was a new policy. She replied the new policy has been in effect for about a month.

Has anyone else heard of this or was aware of this? I realize I can keep track of prices by just writing down what the non-single supplement price is today.

I guess this is another example of changes that happen and we aren't informed by RC, but by CC members.

Based on your description - I thought that particular policy has been in place for a while now. At least it has been when I've booked solo cruises. To me when making a reservation all I'm really on the hook for is the deposit which doesn't change whether single supplement is in play or not. If prices drop before final payment, then I just get my TA to get me the lower price. Just my two cents.