Harmony questions

Hello,

Due to medical issues, I am unable to fly to New Orleans and take my original cruise, we just booked up the Harmony as its only a 50 minute flight for us to get from northern Florida to south Florida and I am extremely happy because we love RC! We have a few questions if you don't mind helping us:

1- We need two cabins next door to one another as my elderly father in law will be coming along, there was only one choice staterooms 6130 and 6132 which are located right next to the gym, curious whether we will hear noises from the gym, and also, does the gym close during the evenings?

2- We generally only dine for dinner at the specialty restaurants but thought we would dine in the MDR on the two formal evenings, I was just reading other reviews and people speaking about the food just being ok "eh" as they put it and during formal evenings their food was overcooked, any thoughts? Should we also dine in specialty restaurants for these evenings?

3- What is your favorite specialty restaurant and why....we are currently booked at Chops two evenings, Jamie's two evenings and 150 but have second thoughts about 150, need your advice....I found the menu in Wonderland not accommodate much for us as I do not eat seafood, need to be gluten free and not much to eat for my other half and myself, any thoughts on Wonderland?

4- We prepaid for the Premium Drink Package I realize there is a $13 maximum allowance for a drink, question is how much is a martini and sometimes I also like to have wine curious whether anybody has the wine menu, wonder what type of wines are included and not included under this package...if the wine is not included, do I pay the difference or the total price of the wine (by the glass of course)? I noticed half the drinks on the new drink menu over the price of $13 is it worth getting this package?

5- We were on the Allure three years ago and found the temperature in our stateroom on the lowest setting with curtains drawn was still too warm for us (we live in Florida and sleep at 71) how did you find your cabin temperature cool or not so cool?

6- What time does the MDR close for breakfast and the breakfast buffet?

7- I live with fibromyalgia, lupus and have three bad herniated discs and 4 pinched nerves how are the mattresses?

I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP THANK YOU!

With regard to the drink package, if you order something over $13, you would pay the difference plus 18%. Whether it's "worth it" depends entirely on what you will drink.

Thats very fair also, question, does anybody know whether there is a fee to get room service in the mornings or afternoons?

Depends what you order:

http://images.r.cruisecritic.com/news/pdfs/rci-room-service-breakfast-menu.PDF

http://images.r.cruisecritic.com/news/pdfs/rci-room-service-all-day-menu.PDF

The MDR and Windjammer close for breakfast depending on if it is a port or sea day so best to check your cruise compass. From memory the MDR was closed for breakfast at 9/9:30 and windjammer was 10:30/11 depending on port/sea days.

We found the rooms temperature to be nice and cool. The a/c worked well.

We thought the mattresses were very firm. I brought 2 inexpensive eggcrate mattress pads that rolled up small and packed easily in my suitcase and put them on the bed and it made the bed much better for us. Our room steward noticed and said he was glad we brought our own because there are not any egg-crate mattress pads on the Harmony to put on guests beds (as many have already reported). So bring your own if you don't sleep well on a very firm mattress.

We dined at the MDR on a formal night last summer and found the food to be wonderful! It is of course subjective, but I can say we enjoyed it. Things were served hot, and perfectly cooked. We also enjoyed 150 Central Park (we ate there twice). My only sort of negative with that restaurant is the desserts didn't really float my boat. Wonderland was really good, but if you do have all those food issues, probably not for you. They do try to accommodate your food allergies though, but before committing you might want to drop by and speak to the chef or maître d - they should be able to answer your questions. We didn't have any problem changing around reservations once on board (not sure if that is still true now that the ship is in the Caribbean though). Also had dinner at Jamie's - it was good - and Chops - also good. Honestly we like fine dining and were very impressed with the food on this ship. Friends of ours who traveled with us and who are very picky, were very impressed. But again, it's very subjective.

In terms of the mattress, we didn't have any issues we found it very comfy, but to be certain you may want to email the special needs department and ask for a mattress topper. Also, we found the temperature in the cabin to be easy to keep cool, so I don't think you'll have issues. We were also in a Superior Ocean View with balcony. During the day, we kept the curtain closed to keep the hot sun from warming things up too much.

Enjoy your cruise!

We just got off the Harmony last week, and thought the food in the MDR was really good. We went to Izumi too and we thought that was very "meh" so ended up not booking any more speciality restaurants and just did the MDR. Friends of ours who were on board when to Jamie's, and they were very disappointed.

The beds were super comfortable. Not too soft, not too firm.

Windjammer closed at 11 for breakfast (10:30 or 11, one of the 2). Didn't go the MDR for breakfast at all, just did WJ or the Park Cafe.

We were on Allure OTS last Dec in 1652 which is on the starboard side. Great location...no noise or extra foot traffic.

We had preliminary concerns also but it was great ..no porposing but there was swaying but that was due to the large sail surface of the 18 deck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Izumi wasn't good....I have to admit it but just thought maybe things changed but it didn't.

Glad to hear the beds were comfy how was the temperature in the room we like to sleep in the cool weather.

We had it as cold as it could get, and I thought it still should've been colder, but then at night there were times when I got chilly. I think it's because we just ran around and did a lot of stuff during the day, and I wanted it like a meat locker when I came back to the room. It was comfortable, but not as cold as we wanted.