Specialty dining questions

Yesterday we booked up the Harmony due to the fact I am unable to fly to New Orleans to take my original cruise but I am very happy about going on RC! We generally always dine for dinner at the specialty restaurants, I booked 5 nights up today but my question is, I noticed that RC sells specialty dining packages, I never heard about these, I paid for our dining reservations at these specialty restaurants at full price today, how do these special dining packages work, am I able to purchase a package and make reservations now, or do I have to wait until I board the ship and what are our chances of getting our preferred time which is around 7:30pm?

If you purchase a dining package, you pick the day and time of the first restaurant, but the cruise ship picks the restaurant. The other reservations must be made onboard. You may be able to change the choice of the first restaurant once you are onboard.

Clarea thank you for the response! Wow, Izumi and the Mexican wouldn't do us any good, I don't really eat seafood and have to be gluten free, my father in law doesn't like Mexican, I made the right choice but thank you for explaining the rules to me.

How does this work if you have more than one cabin? I have four cabins and 11 people and we will want to do 2-3 nights specialty. Do we just need to pay full price so not have to worry about what restaurants we all get?

If there are problems, I will be the one having to fix them all for my family so I don't mind paying extra if it means I don't have to worry about trying to get all of us fixed on the ship the moment we arrive.

Thanks.

Clarea thank you for the response! Wow, Izumi and the Mexican wouldn't do us any good, I don't really eat seafood and have to be gluten free, my father in law doesn't like Mexican, I made the right choice but thank you for explaining the rules to me.

Izumi's isn't just sushi, for what it's worth -- you can also get hibachi for example.

Izumi's isn't just sushi, for what it's worth -- you can also get hibachi for example.

Hibachi is great but for gluten free people it is a no no. Soy sauce has gluten and there is no way to avoid contamination. I travel gluten free as I have celiac's disease. We eat only in specialty restaurants and had no issues on the allure when we traveled a few years ago.