Civittavecchia Embarkation & Disembarkation

ncstrman

Hi! New here :)

We are cruising this July on NCL Spirit and can use a bit of insight.

What is the earliest that ships usually allow you to embark? We are staying in Rome for 4 night prior to departure and want to know what time is best to arrive and not have to sit around with luggage in tow?

At the end, what is the latest you can disembark and can you have breakfast that morning? Our flight leaves at 3:00 PM so we are in no rush to get to the airport...

Any insight would be appreciated!

This really depends on each cruise line since there really is no port authority that interferes. Certainly it should not be an issue by noon....and possibly they will allow earlier boarding.

Hank

Thanks. I had this question too. We are also staying in Rome before hand. Of course, happy to hang out near our hotel in Rome, so in no hurry to rush to the pier only to wait. (I realize some waiting will be inevitable.) Is it best to plan to arrive at the pier between noon and 1? Is there any harm in getting there more like 1 or 1:30?

Heading back, we also have an afternoon flight. Perhaps I should start a separate thread for this, but I think I saw somewhere (and can't find again) the idea of getting our transport back to the airport to include stopping for an hour at Ostia Antica. Any insights into whether that's a bad or good idea? Assume there will be a greater cost in doing this, obviously, but wondering if there are other problems with this idea.

Thanks. I had this question too. We are also staying in Rome before hand. Of course, happy to hang out near our hotel in Rome, so in no hurry to rush to the pier only to wait. (I realize some waiting will be inevitable.) Is it best to plan to arrive at the pier between noon and 1? Is there any harm in getting there more like 1 or 1:30?

I think it depends a lot on which cruise line.

We too stayed 4 days in Rome before an NCL cruise. I was somewhat surprised to learn that far more people on our ship started their cruise (and thus embarked) in Barcelona as compared to starting in Civittavecchia. This was very nice for us. Hardly anyone in the cruise terminal when we arrived (everyone was off on their Rome excursion for the day). Ditto when we disembarked, hardly anyone at all in the cruise terminal.

I hope you enjoy your stay in Rome as much as we did.

We will be staying five nights in Rome and one night in Civittavecchia pre-cruise. We plan to leave for the port at our usual time for any cruise, arriving at the cruise terminal between 11:00 - 11:30 AM. We are really looking forward to having that last night and early morning to relax an not having to rush to get to the ship.:cool: