Early trip report - our much needed vacation on the Celebrity Equinox

aml3679

My husband and I booked our cruise on the Celebrity Equinox over a year and a half ago. Our cruise leaves out of Port Everglades on Monday, April 3rd at 4 pm. We were originally supposed to fly in tomorrow, but, New England is getting between 8 and 12" of snow. We changed flights to arrive today.

We checked into The Victoria Park Hotel for our 3 night stay. Small, intimate, clean, retro style hotel with very friendly staff. The rooms are big with a full kitchen, comfy bed, and a lot of room - surprisingly no phone or clock.

There is a nice courtyard with a heated pool and hot tub which we took full advantage of. My husband is happy because he can smoke cigars.

We are dinner on the water at Seraina's - there were yachts parked next to the dock. Nice breeze and great food. My husband had 2 glasses of a super Tuscan and I had Moscato. They bring you a tomato bruschetta that is to die for along with a loaf of Tuscan bread. For an appetizer, we shared their meatballs - moist wth a great sauce.

For dinner, my husband had a filet he could cut with a fork and I had a bone-in veal Parmesan - to die for.

We are back at the hotel and I am ready to call it a night while he is on the balcony enjoying another cigar. Tomorrow, we are having breakfast at the hotel while enjoying the pool. Tomorrow night, we are going on the Jungle Queen dinner cruise. Sunday, we are taking the water taxi around town. Then Monday, we board the Equinox.

Sorry there are no pictures, I will try if I can figure out how to load them.

Did you mean Serafina's on the water?? If so one of my favorite restaurants in Ft Lauderdale. Definitely off the beaten path.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes. I was a bit concerned from the outside, but, we had a fantastic meal in a great setting.

We recently did this Ultimate Caribbean itinerary. Costa Rica, Panama, Cartagena were all new ports for us.

Had a fantastic cruise, but with each of those ports you really need something organised, whether its a ship excursion or you pick up one of the drivers at the port, there is not much to see 'around town'

Just 2 days prior to our cruise. Day 2 at the Victoria Park Inn. We had a great night sleep on their king size temperpedic mattress. Breakfast cost $9 each - eggs, bacon, sausage, pastries, yogurt, fruit, coffee, teas, and juice. We spent the morning in the pool and hot tub - 86 degrees. Shortly, we are going in search of lunch and then shop and nap prior to our dinner cruise tonight on the Jungle Queen.

Had a fun night on the Jungle Queen - they give you a narrated tour as you pass by waterfront homes and yachts.

Once you land on their private island, dinner is served. On the table already is coleslaw, rolls, beans, peel and eat shrimp, water, iced tea and a slew of condiments. Servers bring out BBQ ribs and chicken - all you can eat.

There is live music along with 4 comedy acts. You can purchase adult beverages along with soft serve ice cream separately.

There are many animals on the island - they are a rescue center.

Today, we boarded a water taxi and ate brunch on the waterfront at Shooter's. My husband had chicken and waffles and I had lobster Benedict- yum! Nothing like April 2nd - eating great food on the water with yachts sailing by.

In the afternoon, we hung out by the pool. Tonight we are going to get takeout while doing laundry. Sail away is at 4pm tomorrow.

Love Shooters too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

We caught a water taxi to Shooters. It is quite stunning. My husband had chicken and waffles and I had the lobster Benedict. Both meals were great. While waiting, we each had a mimosa which were quite strong. They do offer bottomless Bloody Mary or mimosas for $20.

After, we went to the hotel and swam and played games and then went to a great Italian restaurant call Il Muliano where we shared a bottle of Muscato and a great meal then I did laundry.

We are packed and ready to head to Port Everglades in about 2 hours.

Well, we are on the Equinox now and we are impressed. Wow!

We took an Uber to the terminal and were on board within a half an hour. We had a nice concierge lunch in the Silouette dining room. Choice of butternut squash soup or Caesar salad followed by either salmon, chicken or pasta. Then either chocolate cake or apple pie. Then our room was ready.

By the time the muster drill was over, our luggage arrived. The ship is beautiful and the staff are great. We feel very pampered.

We ate at Silk Harvest and were blown away by the service and the food. 30% off the first night. Went to leave a nice tip but was told by the server that the tip goes directly to the cruise line and if we were going to leave a tip, it is better in cash.

We are off to the theater - more tomorrow.

The comedy show was great, we could only stay an hour because my husband was falling asleep.

We just passed Havana, Cuba and it is warm and breezy. Due to the time change, we had to chane our clocks back an hour. It is our first at sea day.

We plan on swimming, reading, napping and are eating at Sushi on Five for lunch and the Tuscan Grill for dinner.

Someone asked about our itiniary:

Monday, April 3rd leave Fort Lauderdale

Tuesday, April 4th at sea

Wednesday, April 5th at sea

Thursday, April 6th Puerto Limone, Costa Rica

Friday, April 7th Colon, Panama

Saturday, April 8th Cartegena, Columbia

Sunday, April 9th Cartegena, Columbia

Monday, April 10th at sea

Tuesday, April 11th Cozumel

Wednesday, April 12th Grand Cayman

Thursday, April 13th Cozumel

Friday, April 14th arrive Fort Lauderdale

Anyone have any questions anyone,please ask

What cabin do u have?

Thoughts about it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

We have a C3 cabin on the 9th deck with cabins above and below us. Very nice and an adequate amount of room for the 2 of us. Don't know if the bed is a king or a queen but it is quite comfortable. There is plenty of room under the bed for all of our luggage and the bathrobes.

The bathroom is small but nice - the shower is round and a glass enclosure - there is shampoo, conditioner bar soap, and shower gel. Disappointingly, no q-tips or cotton balls. There is a small bar to place your leg on to shave - but, obviously I cannot see because when we were out by the pool this morning my husband said that he needed to help me shave my legs:p. There is a narrow cupboard to store your supplies. There are two small drawers that hold very little. We bought a small highlight that works out well.

There is a nice closet with not enough hangers for me but adequate for most - about 16 hangers. We also have our dirty laundry bag there. Because we are captain's club members, we get 10% off a bag of laundry which we will take advantage later on in the week. There is storage above the bed also.

After reading tips on these boards, we bought 4 large magnetic hooks which we are using for our wet suits. I wish I had bought more - they work great. $14 on Amazon - worth their weight in gold.

There are 4 drawers for clothes - not very big. A hair dryer, a safe, and a mini fridge. A large couch, a small desk with a few plugs.

This morning we woke up early as we were passing Havana, Cuba and had to change our clocks back 1 hour. We also change it back an hour tonight at some point.

We had coffee and then ate breakfast at the Oceanview Cafe - a huge amount of food. Then we headed out to the pool area around 8 am. People already had towels, etc. saving chairs. We easily found two chairs and read, used the pools - which were a perfect temperature and the hot tubs.

My husband is on deck 15 enjoying a bourbon and a cigar. We are eating lunch at 1 at Sushi on Five. My husband is allergic to shellfish so it should be interesting. I, on the other hand, love sushi.

The only hiccup is I ordered 2 bottles of wine for my husband before we got onboard and Guest Relations had no record of it - thank goodness, I had my receipt. Please save all receipts.

Later on, I will write about Sushi on Five and the Tuscan Grill.

The ship is beautiful and although there are 2800 passengers, it is nice and peaceful. Beautiful layout, friendly staff, excellent service, and great music everywhere. We are having great time