Early trip report - our much needed vacation on the Celebrity Equinox

aml3679

Can't wait for more.....we'll be sailing in May....who is your cruise director, heard the last guy left to go Transatlantic...

Richard Spacey told me he was joining on the 3rd April

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Please post pictures and lots of details. We will be on our first Celebrity cruise on the Equinox in June and we are counting the days!

Will have to wait until I get home.

Some other details. The ship is beautiful. The staff are excellent. The drinks are strong. The food is great. We are waiting for dinner at the Tuscan Grill. If anyone is hesitant about Sushi on Five, do not hesitate.

My husband who is allergic to shellfish had edamme, ramen kobe beef sliders, chicken gyoza, and mandarine orange sorbet with a ginger cicktail.

For myself, I had shrimp and yellowtail sushi, a scallop roll that was good but had a weird texture because the scallop was warm, lobster and shrimp won tons, and moschi ice cream in strawberry, vanilla and mango flavors - mango was the best.

Just finished dinner at the Tuscan Grill

- wow!

For appetizers I had fried calamari with a lemon aeoli which was great and my husband had laquered pork belly which he loved and I did not care for.

They bring out a cheeseboard which had salami, procitto, fontina, parmesean, blue cheese, fig jam, olives and flat bread.

They also bring out a basket of bread and snip fresh basil in olive oil.

For dinner, we each had a filet aling with pasta.

For dessert, he had creme brulee and I had strawberry shortcake.

Dinner was great and service excellent. We gave our server $20 in cash.

Thank you.....is he fun

I've found him to be the best CD I've seen on celebrity by far, he's a fun, energetic guy and does a very funny dance show in the theatre during one of the shows [emoji106]🏻

I've found him to be the best CD I've seen on celebrity by far, he's a fun, energetic guy and does a very funny dance show in the theatre during one of the shows [emoji106]🏻

100 percent agree! Hoping he is still on the Equinox in October. :cool:

Hi! Sounds like a great time. And you are getting me even more excited about my sailing on the Equinox this May.

Question: what are your estimated dimensions for the storage bins over the bed? As others have suggested, I believe I will get some folding storage bins for items up there, but I'm not sure what size to purchase.

And save some food and drinks for me! ;p

Hi! Sounds like a great time. And you are getting me even more excited about my sailing on the Equinox this May.

Question: what are your estimated dimensions for the storage bins over the bed? As others have suggested, I believe I will get some folding storage bins for items up there, but I'm not sure what size to purchase.

We bring the 12 x 12.

The overhead storage bins are quite roomy. Above mine I have room for my books and purses and whatever else. My husband has his hats, backpack and a few other essentials.

How's your weather?!

🌞😎

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

The forecast is warm and sunny until the end of the cruise. Yesterday, it was so hot that we only stayed by the pool area from about 8am until 10:30. Today, we are going to use the indoor pool in a couple of hours.

Today is our second day at sea. We had another time change in the middle of the night. We went to the Cafe el Bacio and each had a cappuccino along with a small biscotti while waiting for the dining room to open prior to breakfast at 8am. My husband had scrambled eggs with bacon and toast and I had eggs benedict with english bacon.

At 0945, they are having a "$10" sale and if you buy 3 you get one free. Not sure what they are selling but we will look. On our last cruise I got a few purses for $10 that I still use today.

At 1015, we are going on a galley tour. We did one on the Millennium years ago that was fascinating - just the sheer volume of the food they need to order and manage.

Sometime after that, we plan on swimming in the indoor pool and napping. We may check out the Gastro Pub for lunch and we are eating in Murano for dinner. Time to dress up for the first time. Tonight's show is Tenors of Rock which should be good.

Some helpful tips: bring shorts/pants with pockets so you can carry you Sea Pass and some one dollar bills for tipping. Bring a lot of sunscreen - it is hot. The premium beverage package is worth it (ours came with our package) - it covers all specialty coffees, sodas, bottled waters, and most drinks. Try the specialty restaurants - they are fabulous. Be kind to others, the staff bends over backwards to make sure you have having a great vacation. Relax and remember it is your vacation.

Enjoying your review. We're on the Equinox in October and can't wait! She'll be the third S-class ship we've been on and love their layout, though we do prefer Lawn Club Grill to the hot glass show. Ah, well. Choices!

I hope the rest of your cruise is great!

Today is our first full day at sea and I am settling down for a nap while my husband is going to deck 15 to enjoy a bourbon and a cigar. The ship is swaying back and forth so it will help with my nap.

After breakfast, we went to the $10 sale - nice selection of beach coverups, purses of all sorts, watches, ties and what nots. If you bought 4 items, the fifth was free. Bought 4 handbags and a tie.

Then we went on a galley tour with about 200 of our cruise mates. They run a well oiled machine. In one week, they go through 13k of beef, 450 bottles of champagne, 35k liters of beer and 12k eggs.

After that we went to the solarium pool and swam and napped. Grabbed some cheeseburgers for lunch and then got our free scoop of gelato. Dinner at Muranos tonight followed bt the theater - Tenors of Rock.

Having a relaxing and fabulous time. Resting up for our next four days in port. Ordered room service before heading out for our rainforest canopy tour in Costa Rica.

Prior to eating at Murano's, we stopped by the martini bar. The bar itself is frozen. I had a banana split martini and two candy apple martinis - all good.

Dinner at Murano's was over the top. My husband had the goat cheese souflee and I had the lobster bisque to start.

In between, the bought us cold leek and potato soup which was excellent.

We got the chateaubriand for two which melted in our mouths.

For dessert, my husband had dark chocolate souflee with a double expresso and I had the grand manier souflee with a cappuccino-wonderful.

If there is any speciality restaurant to try, this is it.

Tomorrow, we land in Costa Rica.

Unfortunately, we missed last night's show because we were exhausted. We are about to dock in Costa Rica in less than an hour.

We are going on the Rainforest Canopy Tour with Optional Nature walk and Butterfly Observatory. It leaves at 10 and does nit get back until 6:30. For someone not familiar with shore excursions, they leave the tickets in your stateroom when you arrive.

We are at Cafe el Bacio waiting to leave. We have the Premium Beverage Package, but for those who do not, here are some prices:

Expresso 1/2 shot $4 - single $4 - double $5 - with steam milk $4

Cappuccino $5 - latte $5 - americano $5 - mocha $5 - white chocolate mocha - $5 caramel macchiato $5

All teas and tea forte $5

Iced tea $6

Hot chocolate $5

International cocktails - $9 and $10

Wines - sparkling, white, rose and red - between $7 and $11

Gelateria

Home made waffle cones: 1 to 2 flavors $4 and 3 to 4 flavors $6

Cups - 2 flavors $4 and up to 4 flavors $6

Gelato cooking sandwich $4

Iced spaghetti gelato $7

When I booked our cruise, we were fortunate to have the premium package included. It is worth it.

As part of the Captain Club perks we also got a free scoop of gelati - yum!

Also, we got 10% off a bag of laundry but it still cost us $90. One dress, two pants, three shorts, one dresd, two short sleeved shirts, two t- shirts, and eight undergarments. They also gave us $300 obc - we will do laundry at least once more.