Internet package discounts during cruise?

wtang

This is my first cruise on Celebrity so I'm a newbie. I know from past cruises on Norwegian and Carnival that they often have discounts on internet packages during the cruise. Usually there is an insert or advertisement in the dailies that offers a discounted price a few days into the cruise. Does Celebrity do this? I looked at the dailies from a Celebrity cruise to Bermuda from May 2016 and I didn't see any internet Wifi discounts offered. I'm just wondering if I should purchase an internet package now, or wait until I'm onboard.

Typically the prices offered on the Celebrity web site before your cruise are discounted from what is offered on the ship. About half way though the cruise they often offer "discount" packages for the remaining days. A lot will depend on how well internet is selling.

• 8 months later...

On recent 12 night Silhouette cruise, the unlimited internet package for the duration of the cruise was $299 starting on the first day. Around day 5, the price dropped to $199 where it remained for the balance of the cruise.

They were offering a 30% reduction in the price if you had achieved Elite status.