wine package?

fue-fue

Check out the two different wine packages on the P & O website to see if and what you like. On a 24 day cruise I buy two 12 bottle packages which works out just right. The biggest savings are on the 12 bottle packages (around 15%) so it is worthwhile provided the wine in the packages is to your taste. It is worth noting that if you want you can have 12 bottles of one particular wine or mix and match as you wish.

Your second question is a little more difficult. In theory you can but as your wine is sourced from whatever dining room you are eating in, it can be difficult to get outside of the dining room opening hours.

If the bar you are ordering from sells the wine you want they can let you have a bottle and sort it out with the dining room later. This however depends how busy the bar is and whether the waiter concerned has a can do of can't do attitude. I personally have experienced both.

Hope this helps.

We've just booked a 24 night cruise, what are your views on the wine packages?

Could I order a bottle to drink out on deck during a sea day?

Thanks

Have you any loyalty discount as you do not get this on the packages. This is why we do not use them. It is just as cheap to buy a bottle as and when you need it. However if you are a new cruiser you can save up to 15% as has been said

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sorry to disagree with you Dai but I have always had my loyalty discount taken off the wine packages I have bought.

Well there you go I did not so I stopped getting them and got my 10% on each bottle.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Sorry, I am now confused. I will be a first time cruiser on P&O in November for 24 days. My wife and I will normally share a bottle of cheap red over dinner. I cannot see any benefit in buying a wine package, or am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

As an example, the captains package costs £200.00 for 12 bottles. Most of the bottles available in this package cost £18.95 individually, but come out at about £16.66 when purchased in the package. (You can also purchase packages of 4, 6 or 9 bottles, but the savings aren't so great).

Like Dai, we don't bother with a package as it states on the P&O website that the loyalty discount will not be applied to a wine package, so it is cheaper for us to buy individually and get our discount off.

If this is different, I will let you know as we are off on Ventura very soon.

Michele

We have managed to order wine from the wine package out on deck and in the beach house and Sindhu. It does as someone has already said depend on the member of staff , they do tell you they have to go to your allocated restaurant to get it and it could take 15 minutes. But it is possible its also possible to order a bottle from the wine package and have it delivered to your cabin too.

I think we have also received the applicable tier discount when buying on board but can't be 100% certain. Would need to check back

As an example, the captains package costs £200.00 for 12 bottles. Most of the bottles available in this package cost £18.95 individually, but come out at about £16.66 when purchased in the package. (You can also purchase packages of 4, 6 or 9 bottles, but the savings aren't so great).

Like Dai, we don't bother with a package as it states on the P&O website that the loyalty discount will not be applied to a wine package, so it is cheaper for us to buy individually and get our discount off.

If this is different, I will let you know as we are off on Ventura very soon.

Michele

Does the lack of discount mentioned refer to wine package bought on board or pre cruise (if they can be bought pre cruise)?

Regards P&O's accounting systems, we once had our loyalty discount applied to currency exchange :) - not bad going that.

We have just booked our first P&O cruise for a couple of years and started by looking at the availability on their website - interesting the see it is as reliable as it was in years gone by - or more to the point not! Phone booking worked fine though - we think............

It didn't specify on the website - just stated that loyalty discount wouldn't be applied to wine packages purchased. We have quite a bit of OBC, so would be looking to purchase on board rather than beforehand, so we shall see what happens when we board on Sunday.

Michele

It didn't specify on the website - just stated that loyalty discount wouldn't be applied to wine packages purchased. We have quite a bit of OBC, so would be looking to purchase on board rather than beforehand, so we shall see what happens when we board on Sunday.

Michele

Please can you let us know when you come home? Have a lovely cruise.:cool: