Jade suites vs Haven

yummysbakery

Are the haven suites worth the price difference from aft penthouse suites? I usually sail in haven on the larger ships and I know there is no dedicated haven restaurant on the Jade so what am I really missing if I stay in an aft penthouse with large balcony?

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

We've been in both the Haven Owners Suite and an Aft Penthouse on the Jade. The Haven was nothing special, IMO. The pool is tiny and nothing special about the Haven at all.

We loved having the aft balcony of the PH due to being able to sit outside with no wind. Great views off the back for sure! Also, the suite benefits come with it.

Thanks that is exactly what I was thinking! Is there any deck you prefer for the aft penthouse?

Deck 10 hands down. The balconies are larger (deeper) than they are on the other decks.

Not sure as I haven't sailed yet but they supposedly added cabanas on the deck above the haven on the new Jade and they have attendants up there to now make the service a little more personable. I will let you know soon as I will be in the Deluxe Owners Suite on the new Jade next week..

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure as I haven't sailed yet but they supposedly added cabanas on the deck above the haven on the new Jade and they have attendants up there to now make the service a little more personable. I will let you know soon as I will be in the Deluxe Owners Suite on the new Jade next week..

If your deluxe owner's suite is on deck 10 or 9 do you know if there is a door between the bedroom and the bathroom? We have had a 2 bedroom suite on the Pearl that did not have a bathroom door and found it annoying.

I'm booked in cabin 10666!

Have done Haven on the larger ships and did this cabin on the Jade. I think you made the right choice. I spent a lot of time enjoying the balcony. There is a bar 2 decks up and very convenient. The spa was also great.

Unlike the larger ships, the Jade actually had room on the pool deck (and elsewhere on the ship). Instead of the chairs all pushed together, they were grouped with a small table in between each pair.

If your deluxe owner's suite is on deck 10 or 9 do you know if there is a door between the bedroom and the bathroom? We have had a 2 bedroom suite on the Pearl that did not have a bathroom door and found it annoying.

The rooms on 9 and 10 are OS, the DOS is on 15.

I just got back from the DOS on the Jade on Sunday and can tell you that my cabin was great but the Haven was nothing to rave about other then the great service provided by Jeffrey the Haven Courtyard attendant. He works really hard to take care of the folks in there. IMHO just go for the suite and save your money for other purposes as the Haven is not that great on the these ships.