Back to RCCL after a while

and have a few questions? We travel with a small fan and extension cord, is this allowed? On Holland they took them away to the naughty room! Gratuities no longer prepaid for anytime dinning, I think. Can I bring sodas and water on board, should they be in luggage or carry on? Does Grandeur have fridges?

Has anyone sailed Grandeur? Booked a last minute for the family, four adults who are not picky, just eat, relax, and visit with each other, any info?

Thank you ,

Debbie:cool:

From my experience, any dining has prepaid gratuities. I don't recall from our specialty dining if there was a tip line on the check. There probably was. The drink packages have prepaid gratuities but do have a line to add more to the tip. We always tip extra when we have a good bartender.

I have seen posts that people have had their "surge" protector multi plug in confiscated. I also know you cannot even bring on a clothes steamer. It seems hit or miss on the sodas and water. They won't allow you to come on with water that has been opened.

I haven't been on Grandeur but on her sister ship Rhapsody. I actually like the smaller ships myself. And it seems Royal keeps them in good shape. When we went on Majesty I was a little worried because it was the oldest in the fleet but they take care of their ships.

Thanks so much for getting back to me, don't know what I will do about the drinks, probably wait till we get on board to make sure. We always eat in the Windjammer or Lido on our cruises, how is this buffet?

We travel with a small fan and extension cord, is this allowed?

We have not sailed on Grandeur but have brought small electric fans on all of our cruises without any problem. Have not brought an extension cord before but other folks say they have and had no problems either. If you want your fan really close to you, an ext. cord would be handy.

We always bring a laptop to move pictures to and, if I wake up real early and can't sleep I may edit GoPro videos. The reason I mention the laptop is we always roll up our extension cord with the laptop cord (rubber band holds them in a tidy bundle). They have never asked to see the cord bundle. If they do I wont try to hide anything and if the take the extension cord...oh well, such is life.

Gratuities no longer need to be paid for my time dining - I booked a couple of weeks ago and the policy had changed.

We take a short extension lead to give enough electric points in the room.

Enjoy the Grandeur - I sailed on her for my second cruise

Gratuities no longer need to be paid for my time dining - I booked a couple of weeks ago and the policy had changed.

We take a short extension lead to give enough electric points in the room.

Enjoy the Grandeur - I sailed on her for my second cruise

I think you mean prepaid as they are still put on your S&S card daily.

Food is subjective, but many report a mediocre experience with Windjammer, though it does seem to improve in the evenings, based on what I've read. We usually only eat there at breakfast, and it's fine. Plenty of choice, though it doesn't vary much. But if you're not picky you'll probably be just fine!