Question About Amber Cove?

GranysT

Have a cruise this Sept, 1st time to Amber Cove. I've been checking out the excursions, and can't find something appealing so far. Is there something to do or see at Amber Cove, if you don't take an excursion?

When we were there there was a dj, some female (scantily clad) dancers, and they were doing some guest participation contests. There is also water slide, and zip line that goes over the pool. Water slide is free- I think the zip was $15 for the whole day. We enjoyed hanging at the pool for a few hours, then went back to the ship and enjoyed the quiet there!

Can anyone tell me if it is a long pier at Amber Cove? Benches to stop & sit/rest on the way to the shops (like Roatan)?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is a "very" long pier, I mean very very long! I cant walk far, so almost did not get off, but then I saw the pedicabs. They will pedal you back and forth for a tip. I did not see any benches along the way on the pier. Once you get into the shop area though there are benches here and there. The pool are did look very nice.

It is a "very" long pier, I mean very very long! I cant walk far, so almost did not get off, but then I saw the pedicabs. They will pedal you back and forth for a tip. I did not see any benches along the way on the pier. Once you get into the shop area though there are benches here and there. The pool are did look very nice.

Thanks-at least knowing there are pedicabs gives me hope for being able to get off here (plus knowing there are places to sit where the shops are). What would be a reasonable tip (I'm a solo)?

I was also solo, and gave them 5.00 each way. I was so glad to see them because the other stop was in Grand Turk, and while the pier is not so long there, I barely made it, and was hobbling by the time I got back on board.

I was also solo, and gave them 5.00 each way. I was so glad to see them because the other stop was in Grand Turk, and while the pier is not so long there, I barely made it, and was hobbling by the time I got back on board.

Thanks...like to make sure I have the correct bills with me.

Grand Turk was waaay too long for me and I no longer get off the ship there. Last time I did, I made it to sit near the pool where I met some friends. Friends were with me trying to get back to the ship-they had to get port security to wheel me back to the gangway & then ships security wheeled me back to my cabin.