Just back from Magic

Bdrex95

Did they do the Groove for St Jude or have they done away with it? I last cruised a few years ago and cant remember if it was on our cruise at the time.

Yup! They did it on the last sea day. $10 for t-shirt or $25 for teddy bear.

What are the shows on Magic? We will be on the week of Memorial Day.

We didn't do many shows. The only one we went to was America Rocks, which was pretty good. Some pretty talented musicians there. I meant to grab the stack of Fun Times on the dresser before we left, but forgot to. I don't remember many of the other shows. I know there was a family show where they played games, but that is the only other one I can remember. Sorry I'm not much help on this one... :o

did you happen to book another cruise on board ...if so is it still 100 OBC for a 7 night sailing and receive 2 family and friends vouchers?

Sorry, didn't book another one on board. Next one will be RCL - have a free 4 day waiting for me over there! :D

I just got back from the Magic last week...

the Shows:

Welcome Show...the first night was excellent. Don't miss it.

FLICK......really good, very unusual but good.

Country Roads....more an old style production show.

88 Keys....very good piano man music and dancing show.

America Rocks..... very very good rock and roll with LIVE band on stage.

middle of the week, one night was the Hasbro Game show instead of Playlist.

We never got to see any of the Comedy Shows. People were lining up in the hallway an hour, yes an hour, before show time to get in. They closed the main entry door and had someone standing at far left single door to let people in. Since we were at the Playlist shows, at the other end of ship, we never got there before it was full and doors shut.

We did several comedy shows. Lenny Schmidt was hilarious. He does a pretty good family show, but his adult show is really good! Laughed through the whole thing!

Saw "Just June" early in the cruise - not real good. She left halfway through the cruise and Lenny got on. Great trade!

If you get a chance to see him, I would highly recommend it!

Did you do the Dr Suess Breakfast? It looks delicious and different

Do you recall how to sign up for it, do you do ahead of time before you board the ship or after you board?

My kids are teenagers and had no interest in the Dr. Suess breakfast. Looked fun from the pictures I saw, though.

Did you do the Dr Suess Breakfast? It looks delicious and different

Do you recall how to sign up for it, do you do ahead of time before you board the ship or after you board?

You sign up for it once you board. The day you embark there will be a table set up somewhere (usually near lido) where you can sign up. $5/pp and it's fun. Even for adults

What night are the formal dinners??? I know the first one is the first day at sea but when is the other one ??? please and thank you ..

Just off the Magic 3/25-4/1. The first formal night was our first sea day. The second formal night was our San Juan day. I was not expecting it since it is usually the second sea day. I guess since we left port at 4:00, everyone had plenty of time to get ready.

Is there smoked salmon on the breakfast buffet? If not, is there smoked salmon on the dining room menu for breakfast? If so, is the dining room open for breakfast every day, or just on port days, or not at all? How about on the room service menu?

How many levels is the parking deck at Port Canaveral? (I'm trying to gauge how hard it will be to get a parking spot under cover.)

What are the shows on Magic? We will be on the week of Memorial Day.

Flick and 88 Keys. Flick had a great female singer. The dancing and stage decoration had nothing to do with the music. 88 Keys was boring to me. It starts with a bare stage and a guy playing a piano. After quite a while the stage opens up with some wall decor. A bunch of guys jumping around and throwing themselves on the floor was called dancing. I guess the younger crowd likes the flashing lights and the tiny pyrotechnics but it doesn't make a show to me. I left early. The seats on deck 4 and 5 are straight backed and very uncomfortable.