N724 - Tenerife - Shore Excursions Advice

Big Foot

Hello,

I am looking for some advice please re 2 potential tours we are considering.

Sailing on Ventura in September & will be travelling with hubby, (we'll be 48) & Mum & Dad 69 & 77.

The 2 tours we are considering are the "Gardens of the Valley" or "Loro Parque"

I would appreciate any advice / comments from anyone who has done either of these tours & any recommendations.

Everyone in our party is (thankfully) fit & able to walk etc.

Many thanks.

Joan

We visited Loro Parque a few years ago and we all enjoyed it. The shows are very impressive but make sure you check the timetable to know when they are on. You can be as busy or relaxed as you wish there.

I have no experience of the Gardens which are included in the Gardens of the Valley tour

We have done both but love Loro parque and have been several times. It is very clean and the animals and birds are in good condition, with great shows, as previously mentioned you need to get the timing right to see everything.

We did an excursion to Loro Parque on our NCL cruise and absolutley loved it. I would highly reccomend! We managed to fit in all but 1 of the shows even though it was a 9-4 port stop so a little short (it's about a 45 min transfer from the cruise port). The park itself is beautiful as well, like a tropical oasis and super clean and well maintained. The best animal park/zoo we have ever been to. Even the food prices are reasonable on site (although this was back when we were getting 1.4 euros to the pound!) But still they don't gouge you like UK theme parks and zoos. I have some pics of our Loro Parque visit in the review linked to in my signature- sorry it's a bit long!

We did an excursion to Loro Parque on our NCL cruise and absolutley loved it. I would highly reccomend! We managed to fit in all but 1 of the shows even though it was a 9-4 port stop so a little short (it's about a 45 min transfer from the cruise port). The park itself is beautiful as well, like a tropical oasis and super clean and well maintained. The best animal park/zoo we have ever been to. Even the food prices are reasonable on site (although this was back when we were getting 1.4 euros to the pound!) But still they don't gouge you like UK theme parks and zoos. I have some pics of our Loro Parque visit in the review linked to in my signature- sorry it's a bit long!

Hello,

Thank you for your recommendation & the link to your review.

I will study this in more detail this evening when I can do it justice!

Joan

Joan

Hello,

Thank you for your recommendation & the link to your review.

I will study this in more detail this evening when I can do it justice!

Joan

Joan

I was on my mobile before so couldn't check for you, but the Loro Parque bit starts about halfway down this page :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2300592&page=8

When we went to Tenerife we went to Loro Parque too! I was debating between that and Mount Teide. I decided against the latter because we were doing Fire Mountain on Lanzorote and I thought they were a bit similar.

We enjoyed Loro Parque but didn't feel like we'd seen much of Tenerife itself.

If we go again I'd go to Mount Teide.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on my mobile before so couldn't check for you, but the Loro Parque bit starts about halfway down this page :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2300592&page=8

Thank you.

It looks wonderful & I'm certain this is where we're going to go now.

Loved the description of your coach journey back to the ship!

Joan