Is Eurodam to Alaska a new itinerary? Can't find any reviews here.

styles27

watching your posts each day. We have the same ship and same itinerary on the 27th.

I will try my best to post each day I have a signal, but definitely the port days!

Ketchikan has been cool! Great weather too.c4ecb28eaf52945be620a0544dc2d93b.jpga028d8441fcef181ac6d674bf4c4c026.jpg

Heard about this place on another forum thread – and it is legit! Was right across the street from where our ship docked and is the best fish and chips I have ever had and amazing chicken fingers believe it or not. I got the halibut. Take notes. [emoji6]

We were bummed about Sitka,and there were lots of people who were upset but we totally understood. So to make up for it we booked a zip lining tour for this morning since we got more time in Ketchikan. b34cd910226bd541b34538ea17f6e9cc.jpg

We saw a couple of bears and a couple of deer while we were up in the trees! Seems to be lots to do here.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

styles27, looks like we may have rain most of our cruise. 50F and rainy. I will have to let my mom know about the rough seas ask she has a motion sickness issue sometimes. 3 more days!!!!

47459ba9ff887f419b11f0cc164f1bcd.jpg

I recommend having some of the Pea soup while you are in glacier Bay it was delicious! They walked around with a tray of bowls of it. They also mulled wine and hot chocolate for sale on the deck. Most people were out there in the very beginning and it was pretty crowded but the crowd thinned out after a while if you want to get a good spot by the rail. [emoji106] most of the time there we spent on our balcony with binoculars enjoying the views. cd10a64c5c51c97cbf64baf2c5b027ae.jpg

http://www.hotelgrandpacific.com/dine/west-coast-afternoon-tea.htm

By the way if you want to experience high tea in Victoria I totally recommend going to the grand Pacific. It's a fraction of the cost you would pay at the Empress was delicious! Much more private and quiet to relax also. a523656508463e13885d448ce4cfc5df.jpgf4e005e94438f10f783a32e011ff57f0.jpg

We still walked in Fairmount to take pictures of course. [emoji6] we will be checking out Butchart gardens when we make it to the port in a couple days.

Ketchikan has been cool! Great weather too.c4ecb28eaf52945be620a0544dc2d93b.jpga028d8441fcef181ac6d674bf4c4c026.jpg

Heard about this place on another forum thread – and it is legit! Was right across the street from where our ship docked and is the best fish and chips I have ever had and amazing chicken fingers believe it or not. I got the halibut. Take notes. [emoji6]

We were bummed about Sitka,and there were lots of people who were upset but we totally understood. So to make up for it we booked a zip lining tour for this morning since we got more time in Ketchikan. b34cd910226bd541b34538ea17f6e9cc.jpg

We saw a couple of bears and a couple of deer while we were up in the trees! Seems to be lots to do here.

Looks awesome! Thanks for posting all the great highlights! 🐻🐻

Why were people upset in Sitka?

Why were people upset in Sitka?

They were upset about Sitka, because due to stormy weather and high seas there, the Eurodam had to cancel its scheduled port stop in Sitka today. So HAL replaced Sitka with a longer stay in Ketchikan (which they were originally supposed to do tomorrow, but they were in Ketchikan today). That means an extra day at sea, and many people booked the Eurodam itinerary because of the stop in Sitka. Hope my garbled explanation makes sense.

JHDub we so appreciate all of the great updates and photos..I'm glad you're having a good time despite missing Sitka and the bad seas.

Will have to check out those fish and chips in Ketchikan and the pea soup in Glacier Bay! Thanks for the tip!

Zip line looks like fun and so awesome that you got to see some wildlife!

styles27, looks like we may have rain most of our cruise. 50F and rainy. I will have to let my mom know about the rough seas ask she has a motion sickness issue sometimes. 3 more days!!!!

Hopefully the weather Gods will be kind to us!

See you at the meet and greet Sunday! (4pm Billboard)

Safe travels to the ship!

f78c7d0a243722be3c536eaedc376288.jpgOld as Dirt Mom....I don't want to brag but we landed at 10 a.m. this morning in Seattle and it was raining but by the time we got downtown it cleared up!! [emoji6]

What a great city you have! Loving it so far!

Sent from my iPhone using https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170505/2b1e85ff2cc2e4c376a575048107f77e.jpg[/img]https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=76452]Forums

f78c7d0a243722be3c536eaedc376288.jpgOld as Dirt Mom....I don't want to brag but we landed at 10 a.m. this morning in Seattle and it was raining but by the time we got downtown it cleared up!! [emoji6]

What a great city you have! Loving it so far!

Sent from my iPhone using https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170505/2b1e85ff2cc2e4c376a575048107f77e.jpg[/img]https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=76452]Forums

Hi Deb!

Thanks for checking in. Glad you are enjoying it so far.:)

Thanks for bringing us some nice weather, Deb! You should have a pretty sail away tomorrow afternoon:D We'll be at our Sequim house this weekend, which has a view of the Strait and the marine traffic. You should be passing us on your way out tomorrow around 6:45-7pm. I'll be waving at you, and if it's clear enough, I'll try to take a photo of the Eurodam for you:D

Thanks for bringing us some nice weather, Deb! You should have a pretty sail away tomorrow afternoon:D We'll be at our Sequim house this weekend, which has a view of the Strait and the marine traffic. You should be passing us on your way out tomorrow around 6:45-7pm. I'll be waving at you, and if it's clear enough, I'll try to take a photo of the Eurodam for you:D

Hey Mom...Is this a service you offer to all departing out of Seattle? If so, could you snap us on June 11th?(:

They were upset about Sitka, because due to stormy weather and high seas there, the Eurodam had to cancel its scheduled port stop in Sitka today. So HAL replaced Sitka with a longer stay in Ketchikan (which they were originally supposed to do tomorrow, but they were in Ketchikan today). That means an extra day at sea, and many people booked the Eurodam itinerary because of the stop in Sitka. Hope my garbled explanation makes sense.

When there are storms in the carribbean itinerary the ships change course and switch to other ports. If Sitka was a no go and the Eurodam went to Ketchikan a day early why did it not stay for the second original day. Who would want an extra sea day. Is that normal?

Hi Deb!

Thanks for checking in. Glad you are enjoying it so far.:)

You're welcome! Happy to give updates when I can!

Have you been to Seattle? Such a nice place to visit.

I'm glad we will have a couple of days here after the cruise as well!

Awesome! Thank you! Will we see you from the port side or starboard? (we're in a port side balcony deck 5 mid ship)

Even though it's only 8pm here we've been awake since 3 a.m. eastern time so we're already in for the night.

Will check back here once we embark tomorrow!

Goodnight! [emoji42]

You're welcome! Happy to give updates when I can!

Have you been to Seattle? Such a nice place to visit.

I'm glad we will have a couple of days here after the cruise as well!

Yes, I have been there a few times. Enjoy it but for some reason there always seems to be heat wave when we have been there lately. Amazing though how much the temps drop as we get close to the water.

Post cruise we are going to walk uphill to the glass gardens and the space needle before heading to the airport.

When there are storms in the carribbean itinerary the ships change course and switch to other ports. If Sitka was a no go and the Eurodam went to Ketchikan a day early why did it not stay for the second original day. Who would want an extra sea day. Is that normal?

I don't know. Their entire cruise was somewhat abnormal, and they needed to head back south. The distances are huge, and the ports small and far between. The port fees may also play a role in the decision process. Alaska ports are expensive for the cruise lines. But I'm just a passenger pretending to be an expert, when I'm really only guessing;)

Hey Mom...Is this a service you offer to all departing out of Seattle? If so, could you snap us on June 11th?(:

If we're at our Sequim house, the weather is clear, and you remind me, sure, happy to:D We take photos of the marine traffic through our telescope; the ships are not that close. And it's only a recently acquired ability, so I can't vouch for the quality. Let's see if my photo of the Eurodam turns out tomorrow:D

Awesome! Thank you! Will we see you from the port side or starboard? (we're in a port side balcony deck 5 mid ship)

Even though it's only 8pm here we've been awake since 3 a.m. eastern time so we're already in for the night.

Will check back here once we embark tomorrow!

Goodnight! [emoji42]

Sleep well! Bon Voyage!

We'll be on your port side as you head out to sea, but you won't be able to see me, as you'll be too far off shore. We take the photos through our telescope. My husband will probably be the photographer. Let's hope for a nice clear day:D If it turns out, I'll post the photo on the HAL board, with assistance from my technical support, aka my sister:p