Steakhouse

mworkman

I haven't been on Carnival for a long time and the steakhouse wasn't an option so my question how is it and is it worth doing?

Good steaks (not the best you ever had, but good), service and ambiance very nice....well worth the $35 upcharge

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We've been to the Steakhouses on the Pride, Valor and Sunshine. I always order the Filet Mignon and my wife the Lobster Tails. An appetizer and a soup or salad are also included as is dessert. I've enjoyed it each time and will plan to go again. A nice atmosphere in which to dine, too. Worth the $35 per person upcharge as others have said. A similar steak dinner at home would cost more than that.

My dw and I have been to other steak houses on other cruise lines, but never Carnival. I have heard nothing bad about Carnival's steak houses (which by the way all have different names?). I have been to Cagney's steak house on NCL which was pretty good, worth the up charge. I also have been to Chop's steak house on RCCL. This was by far one of the best steaks I have ever eaten, I could have paid double up charge here, and it still would have been worth it. Our last cruise was on Princess and we ate at the Crown Grill. This up charge here was only $29, but IMHO:( not worth it. As for Carnival cruises I have never eaten in a steak house, but I hear nothing but great things about them, no matter which ship. In fact I hear if you go to the steak house on the "first night" they give you a free bottle of wine. However, the free bottle is a choice between Red/White both on the dry side, but you can replace it with anything on the wine list at 50% off the bottle. One post I read (on a different thread) this couple said it was well worth it. They were/are really into wines so they got an expensive bottle paid something like $250 for it. The DH was like "one of the best dinners ever and with this wine (I don't remember what kind he said) at 50% off even better. With all this said, the wine part does not interest me for I LOVE BEER! Ok that is my two cents;).

Question. Drinks for the Steakhouse, are they counted in the Cheers or is it separate? I am debating making reservations since our Anniversary is the week before the cruise and we are giving up that in order to have a nice family vacation this year.

Question. Drinks for the Steakhouse, are they counted in the Cheers or is it separate? I am debating making reservations since our Anniversary is the week before the cruise and we are giving up that in order to have a nice family vacation this year.

No matter where on the ship you order your drinks they are included in cheers, just the souviner drinks/shots are not included.

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app

I've never been to a steakhouse either on land or at sea. We hardly ever go out to eat and I am considering reserving a night at the steakhouse on our next cruise. Does the menu change nightly? Or is it the same menu every night?

What is something good to order? What is a filet mignon? (I know to most of you that will seem a really stupid question!!). I just don't want to order something I won't like at what might be my one shot at eating at a steakhouse.

I'm not into fancy spices just like regular good old steak cooked on the grill type of steak (which is all I ever eaten except the flatiron steaks In MDR...which I thought were heavenly!!! Lol)

When you order at the steakhouse is it the same as at the MDR where you can order 2 different appetizers or 2 different entrees? Since I don't ever get to eat out except once in a blue moon that is one thing I love about cruising and eating in the MDR , that I can try stuff whereas if I go to a Land restaurant I usually only order something I have tried before and liked because I don't want to waste a go out to eat treat on something I might hate.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've never been to a steakhouse either on land or at sea. We hardly ever go out to eat and I am considering reserving a night at the steakhouse on our next cruise. Does the menu change nightly? Or is it the same menu every night?

What is something good to order? What is a filet mignon? (I know to most of you that will seem a really stupid question!!). I just don't want to order something I won't like at what might be my one shot at eating at a steakhouse.

I'm not into fancy spices just like regular good old steak cooked on the grill type of steak (which is all I ever eaten except the flatiron steaks In MDR...which I thought were heavenly!!! Lol)

When you order at the steakhouse is it the same as at the MDR where you can order 2 different appetizers or 2 different entrees? Since I don't ever get to eat out except once in a blue moon that is one thing I love about cruising and eating in the MDR , that I can try stuff whereas if I go to a Land restaurant I usually only order something I have tried before and liked because I don't want to waste a go out to eat treat on something I might hate.

Thanks in advance!

A filet mignon is a cut taken from the small end of the tenderloin. Its very lean and tender. Personally I would rather have the cowboy ribeye but the filet is very popular. Im not positive but I dont think they season with anything other than salt and pepper which is all a steak SHOULD have except maybe some garlic powder.

At the steakhouse, you get one starter, a salad, an entree w/ sides and a dessert. You might could sub the salad out for an extra starter. Im not sure. An extra entree will definitely cost more.

Definitely worth it. We have done the steak house on every ship but the Fantasy (our first cruise). Last year we sailed on RCCL Freedom of the Seas and the steak house was just meh. We book the first night because you get a free bottle of wine. Great meal, cheesecake is enough for three people but very good. Looking forward to the Vista steak house in 16 days!

Thanks in advance!

Good for you Moon, i hope you have a great time....The steakhouse has a bit nicer ambiance and service than the MDR, which means you will have a great experience....As far as steaks, Prime rib, filet mignon, strip, ribeye all have very different tastes and textures. Most cruise line steakhouses allow ONE appetizer, entree and dessert for the $35 upcharge....if i had to pick the closest to a flat iron, i would say its the Strip steak....Filet Mignon is a very tender steak, but will have a totally different texture than a flat iron. I dont think you can go wrong with any steak you pick, they are all good

Thankyou for the advice. One more question. Can you book a table for just 2 or is it the same style seating as the early or late seating in the MDR ?

Its not like the MDR in ANY kind of way. If there is only two in your party, then that is how you will be seated :) Tables are pretty close together though.

. Last year we sailed on RCCL Freedom of the Seas and the steak house was just meh.

I will never spend another dime in Chops on a Royal ship. Their quality of beef has really suffered the last few years and so has the service. Im also totally turned off by the upcharge for a "better" steak on top of the 35 - 39 dollar upcharge for Chops. Basically to get a good steak, the price is almost 60 bucks per person and the jury is still out on how much "better" those steaks are.