Steakhouse

mworkman

Thanks! I had no idea. Do they serve good wines by the glass? What are their hours?

I'm not really a drinking guy :) but if I remember the discussion in the Cheers thread, the upper limit on wines by the glass allowed on Cheers is $75/glass, and while people weren't usually finding wines at that price in their Steakhouse, they WERE finding ones for $50 or $60/glass that were not served at other bars.

I gather their hours would be similar to the Steakhouse's hours...i.e., open in the evenings.

Looking at the menu here....

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/dining/menus/steakhouse-menu.ashx

Would it be bad form to order ALL the appetizers?

The price includes an app, salad, entree, dessert. I believe some posters have switched the salad for another app. Are you going with a party of 8 that you would need to order 8 appetizers? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I used to get the lamb but found on the Conquest that they didn't know how to cook it. The other Carnival ships it was so tired and tasty. Not sure why the Conquest can't get it right. This time on the Conquest I am getting the cowboy rib eye. It is really good. I will also get two apps and no salad. That is my usual order. Most times I don't get any desserts because they have nothing that I can eat.

tigercat

That is strange, I was on the Conquest in January and the lamb was beautifully cooked! In fact, even though all of our food was delicious, everyone agreed that the lamb was the best entree on the table. Could have just been an off night for you, but I wouldn't totally discount that dish.

And I too love that I can get the two appetizers and no salad!!

Still no confirmation yet for either reservation. Although i don't sail till Sept so they might not sent out reservations that far out.

I dont sail until October and made a reservation two days ago through email for Prime Steakhouse on Magic. It was confirmed via email yesterday.

I guess I am in the minority here. We have done the steakhouse twice on Carnival and neither time was I all that impressed. Food was good, but truly I have had service just as good in the dining rooms. Truly I have only had I think one Carnival cruise where I can't really even remember our server and just wasn't thrilled with his service. I think the last times we went it was like $25 pp, I really wouldn't pay $70 for a couple to eat there, I might consider $20 pp, but I just really don't see it being worth the price they are charging now.

We have also done the Crown Grill on Princess, all the specialty dining on NCL. Now on NCL I go out of my way to make sure I only do their specialty dining as I just don't care for their dining rooms. But on Carnival I am super content with the dining room and will keep my $70 to spend elsewhere.

Definitely worth it. I have tried Cagneys on NCL, Chops on Royal and the steakhouse on Carnival, and the steakhouse wins on every front. The quality of the meat is better, and you get a wider selection of cuts. Even the appetizers tasted better.

I have reservations for the steakhouse (our first time). Is it possible to change the reservation to add another person before the sailing or would I have to wait until onboard? We currently have reservation for 3 and have a family member or 2 thinking about joining us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

YUM! It is definitely worth going!! I would put the food on a par with Ruths Chris or Flemings. Delicious food, excellent service, and wonderful atmosphere. Do it!!

I agree with Ruth's Chris, but to compare the Steakhouse to one of Paul Fleming's over rated hash houses is

silly.

I can only praise the Carnival Steakhouse. Delicious, with service only found in five star establishments. There is only so much prime steak available, and Carnival cooks get up very early to be first in line at the purveyors when they open.

I celebrated my birthday this year on the Miracle and I could not have been more delighted.

Make a reservation by email as far in advance as possible so you don't get shut out.

Now on NCL I go out of my way to make sure I only do their specialty dining as I just don't care for their dining rooms.

There's an oft-heard hypothesis running around on CruiseCritic that NCL deliberately backs off on the quality in their MDR and their buffet to "encourage" people to go to their myriad of fee-added eateries. Who knows? It might even be true.

We did the Steakhouse on Carnival a few years ago. The steak was heavenly! So much food. We got our New York cheesecake to go and took it back to our cabins, since we were so full.

My only problem was that we did this early in our cruise, and nothing in the MDR looked good for the rest of the week. I was spoiled by how good steak should be...

I've never been to one of the really expensive steak restaurants, so I have no clue if the upcharge is a reasonable amount.

First time on a cruise coming in December and I booked the Steakhouse on our first sea day, which just happens to be New Years Eve. I realize it will be formal night in the dining room so I figured the line ups (we have my time dining) would be crazy. I'm already excited about the Filet Mignon.

There's an oft-heard hypothesis running around on CruiseCritic that NCL deliberately backs off on the quality in their MDR and their buffet to "encourage" people to go to their myriad of fee-added eateries. Who knows? It might even be true.

We just got off the NCL Breakaway for the 2nd time in nine months. The first time I was very unhappy with the MDR and so glad to have the three nights of specialty dining that was included in my fare. On our cruise last week, we had very good food in the MDR, which I wasn't expecting. So I guess just like anything else, it is just the night, the menu and the chef on that given day. Looking forward to Vista steakhouse this June!

I'm in the minority as well. The Steakhouse was good, and while I would compare the service to Ruth's Chris, I wouldn't compare the steak to Ruth's Chris. It wasn't bad - it was cooked perfectly, but it lacked the flavor I was anticipating (well, and Ruth's Chris brings it on the 500* plate... it'd be hard to match that). However, I do think the meal is worth it. We typically spend $150 minimum at Ruth's - we spent literally half that amount ($35 pp) at the Steakhouse. I'd eat there again, but I don't think all the fanfare is entirely accurate.

I'm in the minority as well. The Steakhouse was good, and while I would compare the service to Ruth's Chris, I wouldn't compare the steak to Ruth's Chris. It wasn't bad - it was cooked perfectly, but it lacked the flavor I was anticipating (well, and Ruth's Chris brings it on the 500* plate... it'd be hard to match that). However, I do think the meal is worth it. We typically spend $150 minimum at Ruth's - we spent literally half that amount ($35 pp) at the Steakhouse. I'd eat there again, but I don't think all the fanfare is entirely accurate.

Well said Slm, totally agree (y)

So do you still get the free bottle of wine if you go to the steakhouse on the first night of your cruise?

YEs you do

Were going 1st night but only because we did not see anything we could not live without on the menu.

We made reservations for the second night at the end of the email they attached the following

"P.S. We are having a promotion in the Steakhouse on Embarkation and the first Cruise Elegant nights of the cruise! Guests booking a reservation on either night will receive a complimentary bottle of house wine or 50% off any bottle from our wine list!"