Redeeming BoA rewards points question.......

Just a quick question. I redeemed 5k points for an upcoming 3-night bahamas cruise for the free upgrade from interior to OV for 2. Any idea when they apply the upgrade, and issue your new cabin? Our cruise isn't until Sept 29, and we still owe some $$ before its paid off. Any info would be appreciated!!

Just a quick question. I redeemed 5k points for an upcoming 3-night bahamas cruise for the free upgrade from interior to OV for 2. Any idea when they apply the upgrade, and issue your new cabin? Our cruise isn't until Sept 29, and we still owe some $$ before its paid off. Any info would be appreciated!!

To my knowledge, they don't automatically issue you a new stateroom. They give you a credit in the amount of the difference between the minimum available inside and the minimum available OV. That credit has a limit of $100. I suspect you will need to change staterooms yourself. I'd call the redemption people at 888-305-4626 for confirmation.

The last last cruise we went on my husband tried to use points to upgrade the room and couldn't figure it out, when he called both the credit card company and Royal they both told him he had to use the web site. He choose to just use the points for OBC and we just booked the room we wanted. But, we knew we would be spending money on the cruise either way.

Just last weekend he cashed out more points for our upcoming May cruise. He had to enter our reservation number and then the next time I logged into MyCruises the OBC was available for me to use to schedule things. Used the credit to book Chops and a few spa treatments.

It has been a few years since I used points for an upgrade but when I did it was like Bob said above, I booked the OV cabin myself and then redeemed the points and were given credit. They base the credit on the lowest available at the time you redeem the points

The last last cruise we went on my husband tried to use points to upgrade the room and couldn't figure it out, when he called both the credit card company and Royal they both told him he had to use the web site. He choose to just use the points for OBC and we just booked the room we wanted. But, we knew we would be spending money on the cruise either way.

Just last weekend he cashed out more points for our upcoming May cruise. He had to enter our reservation number and then the next time I logged into MyCruises the OBC was available for me to use to schedule things. Used the credit to book Chops and a few spa treatments.

The continuous fake sales have pretty much rendered the "free cruise", "free companion", and "free upgrade" redemptions useless. Those were the best redemptions because you could get back 4% on RC charges. We will use up our points for straight discounts and OBC and then abandon that card.

• 2 weeks later...
Sooooooo, dumb question, How does BoA issue the certificate? Is it via e-mail, or do they physically mail me a certificate? Just wondering what I should be looking for.

I didn't know that they still issue certificates.

Sooooooo, dumb question, How does BoA issue the certificate? Is it via e-mail, or do they physically mail me a certificate? Just wondering what I should be looking for.

No certificate, points are redeemed electronically now:

https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

No certificate, points are redeemed electronically now:

https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

Right....I did that a week or so ago....Redeeming 5k points for the interior to OV upgrade....What happens next, or what do I need to do next?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Right....I did that a week or so ago....Redeeming 5k points for the interior to OV upgrade....What happens next, or what do I need to do next?

If you did as Bob and I suggested above and went ahead and booked your OV room, then redeemed the points they will take the money off the balance that you owe on the booking. Max value is $50

If you did as Bob and I suggested above and went ahead and booked your OV room, then redeemed the points they will take the money off the balance that you owe on the booking. Max value is $50

At the time I posted this, I had already booked an Interior room. Guess I should have consulted here BEFORE booking the cruise!! Lol [emoji38]

I'd contact whoever booked your cruise and ask for Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. You should see the value of the points redemption on that document.

They do tend to apply redemptions in order of cruise date, so if your cruise is a long way off, the redemption may not be applied yet.

I'd contact whoever booked your cruise and ask for Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. You should see the value of the points redemption on that document.

They do tend to apply redemptions in order of cruise date, so if your cruise is a long way off, the redemption may not be applied yet.

Yea....It's the end of September this year....

At the time I posted this, I had already booked an Interior room. Guess I should have consulted here BEFORE booking the cruise!! Lol [emoji38]

You might want to call the Redemption Center 888-305-4626-