Couple of questions (Pride)

landsear

Hello! I booked the Pride, leaving from Baltimore, for a cruise in October. We're driving there and leaving our little kids at home with Grandma. We want to get home as quick as possible (7 hour drive?).

1.) Is this worth paying for the Faster to the Fun (or whatever it's called)? How much is it?

2.) We're waitlisted for the early dining time. How likely is it that you actually get placed or will I be waitlisted this entire time?

3.) Are there any bars in Half Moon Cay that have free Wifi? We'll want to facetime home but don't want to pay for internet on the ship. I'm assuming that we'll find some bars in Freeport and Grand Turk that will have free Wifi with a purchase.

#1 It's $69 per room. It's up to you whether its worth it. Right now, the terminal doors don't open til 1230 to check in (it could change). But when boarding starts, you'll go right after the Diamonds/Plats/ VIPs, etc. There is actually an explanation of everything on the carnival site. You will have priority boarding on the tenders (boats) to go to Half Moon., Guest services, you'll go on a the priority line. When it time to leave, you'll have the opportunity to get off the ship quicker (provided you carry your own luggage). That could be a great help since you have a 7 hour drive. We were waitlisted on the Elation, but they came through. You will receive an email if it gets changed before cruise day. Just make sure you truly are waitlisted.

There is no Wifi available on Half Moon Cay.

We cruised on the Pride last October. For us, having FTTF was not worth the extra money. And if you are driving 7 hours to get to the ship that day, you'd have to leave at Zero Dark Thirty in order to get to Baltimore early enough to make having FTTF worthwhile for early boarding. (We had an afternoon boarding time and while the process wasn't super-fast, it wasn't bad either.) And self-debarkation runs smoothly, so you should be able to get off the ship in a timely manner without FTTF if you don't want to pay for it. I can't say how it works for the tenders at HMC because the weather (high winds) prevented us from stopping there. :(

Re: Waitlisting for early dining. If you don't get notification about your waitlist status before you cruise, you have an option after boarding to meet with the Maitre D' to see about dining requests. The time for this meeting will be in the Fun Times in your cabin when you get on the ship. The Maitre D's goal is to make as many patrons happy as possible--and he's always come through for us, including on the Pride--so hopefully, he can get you set up with a table for early dining.

There is no Wifi available on Half Moon Cay.

We cruised on the Pride last October. For us, having FTTF was not worth the extra money. And if you are driving 7 hours to get to the ship that day, you'd have to leave at Zero Dark Thirty in order to get to Baltimore early enough to make having FTTF worthwhile for early boarding. (We had an afternoon boarding time and while the process wasn't super-fast, it wasn't bad either.) And self-debarkation runs smoothly, so you should be able to get off the ship in a timely manner without FTTF if you don't want to pay for it. I can't say how it works for the tenders at HMC because the weather (high winds) prevented us from stopping there. :(

Re: Waitlisting for early dining. If you don't get notification about your waitlist status before you cruise, you have an option after boarding to meet with the Maitre D' to see about dining requests. The time for this meeting will be in the Fun Times in your cabin when you get on the ship. The Maitre D's goal is to make as many patrons happy as possible--and he's always come through for us, including on the Pride--so hopefully, he can get you set up with a table for early dining.

Thank you! We'll already be in the Baltimore that weekend for a wedding, so I'm not concerned about getting on the ship early, just would like to be able to get off quicker. I don't think I'll bother purchasing this (if it even becomes available).

My reservation shows that we're waitlisted, is there a better way to confirm?

Hi Landsear,

We are also sailing the Pride in October and doing an 9 hr drive to and from Baltimore. We considered the FFTF just so we could get OFF early enough to get on the road and make it back to Toronto by night fall - but it is already sold out. You might want to check it out on on your cruise to see if it is still even an option. I have heard that they open it back up sometimes.

You will be OFF the ship by 9am...usually much earlier. They try to have the entire ship cleared of everyone by 10am. I wouldn't pay extra for FTTF...

If you can pack lightly, you can certainly do self-carry without FTTF.

As far as HMC and WIFI and different bars having it.....

Being on HMC is like being on the ship. Period.

There is NO WiFi on the island.

The crew from bars on the ship work at the bars on HMC.

The cooks from the ships galleys cook the food at the buffet on HMC.

The ships entertainment staff will travel over to HMC and they provide the entertainment.

THERE ARE NO local bars in order to get a drink from.

There are no small restaurants to order lunch from.

There may be a local vendor selling local bahamian t-shirts, and small souvenirs.

I hope this helps.

If you don't get off waitlist before you get on the ship just go to the dining at 6 pm and talk to them they will fit you in somewhere ... You may not get same staff/table every night unless they have room but they have always been able to fit us in early

2.) We're waitlisted for the early dining time. How likely is it that you actually get placed or will I be waitlisted this entire time?

Since you are waitlisted for early dining- does this mean you are set for late dining? Or have you signed up for YTD? I would think it would be fairly easy to switch from late to early (because I'm sure there are others that are trying to switch from early to late once on board). The difficulty may be switching from YTD to early dining, but like others have mentioned- just go check with maitre'd once onboard and hopefully he/she will be able to take care of you.

Enjoy your cruise (and your weekend in my city) ;)

Hi Landsear,

We are also sailing the Pride in October and doing an 9 hr drive to and from Baltimore. We considered the FFTF just so we could get OFF early enough to get on the road and make it back to Toronto by night fall - but it is already sold out. You might want to check it out on on your cruise to see if it is still even an option. I have heard that they open it back up sometimes.

Hi neighbor! We're driving back to Buffalo, the sailing on the 8th.

We did FTTF on the Pride two years ago. We loved jumping to the front of the line when it was time to check-in and also when we went to guest services. We are also sailing in October on the Pride and purchased it again. We will be able to board first when it is time to tender to Half Moon Cay. :)

You will be OFF the ship by 9am...usually much earlier. They try to have the entire ship cleared of everyone by 10am. I wouldn't pay extra for FTTF...

We just got off Pride yesterday. Didn't dock til 9am. We were second self carry group called. That was about 10:15.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Pride on the 9th. The Pride docked around 9AM and they started self-debarkation around 9:45. Regular debarkation began around 10:30 with zones 1 & 2. When we arrived on the 2nd, debarkation was still going on at 12:15PM. The doors to the terminal didn't open until 12:45PM. Needless to say, they were behind schedule.

• 2 weeks later...

I love FTTF and will not cruise without it if I can help it. My 1st cruise I did not have it and even though Baltimore Port is not that bad of a wait it was awesome on my next cruise just walking past everyone else getting my sign and sail card and boarding. Also you get priority luggage so they deliver your luggage before cruisers that did not purchase it.

Just FYI, Half Moon Cay is an amazing beach for swimming (not snorkeling). The sand is very soft and there are no rocks or shells anywhere. You can trudge along chest deep in the gentle surf, digging your toes deep into the sand with every blissful step. It's the best swimming beach I've ever been to, and I can't wait for our July 16 cruise on the Pride. We scored a suite at a discount, so we automatically get FTTF early embarkation and tenders for free! :-)

I can imagine some people don't get the word and stay on the ship because they're thinking it's just another beach stop, so why tender? The tender is SO worth it, unlike Belize IMO.

Hello! I booked the Pride, leaving from Baltimore, for a cruise in October. We're driving there and leaving our little kids at home with Grandma. We want to get home as quick as possible (7 hour drive?).

1.) Is this worth paying for the Faster to the Fun (or whatever it's called)? How much is it?

3.) Are there any bars in Half Moon Cay that have free Wifi? We'll want to facetime home but don't want to pay for internet on the ship. I'm assuming that we'll find some bars in Freeport and Grand Turk that will have free Wifi with a purchase.

1. Since you are going to HMC and have a 7 hour post cruise drive I think it is worth the price. You get priority embarkation and debarkation, priority tendering at HMC. Along with other benefits, check Carnival's FAQ for all the benefits.

2. We have been wait listed each time we booked the Pride cruise for early dinner. The earliest we book is 9 months the latest was 1 month and we always were assigned early seating.

3. HMC is owned by CCL. HMC is vacant when there is no ships, so I believe wifi is not available but not sure. All staff and supplies needed for the day come from your ship. The other stops you will be able to find wifi.

Since you will be in Baltimore that weekend I would use a ship tracking app to monitor the docking to ensure it arrives on time. When we sailed the Pride on 4/2/17 we arrived at the pier at 1pm and were on the ship by 1:30. I will assume you are parking at the pier, I would not arrive before noon since the lot may be closed until the past cruisers leave the lot. Parking cost $105 for the week, pay cash the line is much shorter, the credit card lines are always long. If you purchase FTTF you can arrive at any time and can go right to the doors even if the line wraps around the building. You may have to cut the line at the doors to show your priority boarding pass to the Carnival staff. They will guide you to the security checkpoint and then direct you the priority "lounge".

Our cruise was schedule to return at 10am but we arrive at 9am. we live in NE PA and were on the road by 9:40. Enjoy your cruise!

We are doing the same cruise in May. We purchased FTTF to hopefully get off sooner. I have to fly to San Francisco the next morning for work so am hoping to get home as soon as possible.

If you pay for FTTF you also get priority dining reservations. We were on the wait list for early dining until purchasing FTTF and then it was automatically approved. Could've been a coincidence, but that is one of the perks of buying that.

can you get turkey or chicken at guys burger joint?

I think I remember Guy's offering a turkey burger and veggie burgers on request. On board the ship Guy's only does burgers in various combinations with fries.