Free at Sea Dining

I LOVED Cagneys. The steaks were amazing. You can book as soon as you get on the ship in the comedy club if you have not reserved online or on the tv screen in your room or on the big screens around the ship. Book when you board though so you get the days/times you want.

How serious is it when the restaurants 'sell out'? Does that just mean you have to wait to be seated, or does it mean that there is literally no way to walk up and get a table?

It is very possible that restaurants will sell out completely and you won't be able to get in at all. If you want to be sure of getting in somewhere then it's best to book.

It can actually vary from cruise to cruise, so there is no way of saying for sure whether any restaurant will or won't sell out on your particular cruise.

We have 2 of 3 speciality dinning booked. Online there is no more option for us but we wait onbard to be able to book the last one.

I've called Ncl and they said that some hours and dates are only available on boarding day. The online portion has access to some % and the rest is release onboard.

But maybe someone knows more about this

We have 2 of 3 speciality dinning booked. Online there is no more option for us but we wait onbard to be able to book the last one.

I've called Ncl and they said that some hours and dates are only available on boarding day. The online portion has access to some % and the rest is release onboard.

They are correct, in that a proportion of bookings are not available online, and are released onboard.

In my experience there have never been whole dates which aren't available, and early on pretty well every time is available (although that can depend on party size), so I think they got that bit slightly wrong.

You should have no problem getting reservations on boarding day, but do it early to be safe.

We were told 30-40% hold back. our last cruise we had friends join us. They were able to change and add the other party for all 4 nights of our specialty dining with out an issue. We changed them right when we got on board.

#1 Teppanyaki. Fun, very good food. If you have kids go.

#2 Cagney's , good food, great service.

#3 Moderno, Meat is good, grilled pineapple is amazing.

As far as free dining, we like The Manhattan room, the live music has been very good.

We passed on La Cucina the menu and reviews it seemed a waste

Bayamo, the first trip it was awesome, the second trip it was horrible. We are going to pass this time around

We chose the unlimited drink package and the dining option for our perks. I know our dining is limited to 3 specialty restaurants. Opinions on "Not to be missed" restaurants or "I wish I had chose something different"?