Online check in

dorsetlad

Brian, we are flying Thomson from LGW to Malta and understand that we can't check in online 'cos it is P&O chartered. We do it the old fashioned way on the day at the desk. Please post if you find out otherwise as it is my first Fly Cruise.

From the website FAQ : Charter Flights check-in Check-in for our charter flights is available at the airport on the day of departure only. Please be aware that it is not possible to check your baggage in the night before you travel on any of our charter flights, even if it is a service usually offered by the airline. Check-in opens approximately three hours prior to flight departure and closes approximately one hour before departure. Please be aware that even if you have pre-booked your seats using Flight Seat Booker, you are still required to check in at the airport.

Yes everyone on your flight will be on your cruise - as you'll see from the labels when you arrive at the airport. The other thing that we've also found happens on P&O Thomson charters is that they won't bring round duty free alcohol to sell. They will tell you that this is because your cruiseline doesn't allow you to take alcohol on board - absolutely wrong. I've wondered if it's because Thomson cruises has this rule but never having sailed with Thomson I don't know if this is so. So if you've bought duty free at the airport don't panic if you hear them announce this on board the flight, ignore it.

Yes everyone on your flight will be on your cruise - as you'll see from the labels when you arrive at the airport. The other thing that we've also found happens on P&O Thomson charters is that they won't bring round duty free alcohol to sell. They will tell you that this is because your cruiseline doesn't allow you to take alcohol on board - absolutely wrong. I've wondered if it's because Thomson cruises has this rule but never having sailed with Thomson I don't know if this is so. So if you've bought duty free at the airport don't panic if you hear them announce this on board the flight, ignore it.

A liberal alcohol policy applies on Thomson, just don't bring a lorry load ;p

No duty free sales could be something to do with the flight being totally within the EU?

A liberal alcohol policy applies on Thomson, just don't bring a lorry load ;p

No duty free sales could be something to do with the flight being totally within the EU?

Have we not heard a similar story from people going to the Caribbean, I mean about no DF on sale on the plane. ????

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I check in online with Thomson every time we go anywhere,,wether it's fly cruise or just flying,,but haven't done a p&o fly cruise with them so I suppose it could be different?

It is a P&O/Thomson thing!!

We went to the Caribbean with Thomson from BHX last November, having booked with P&O, and were not allowed to check in on line. Also, having paid the same Premium Economy upgrade price as Thomson state, we were not allowed lounge access "because P&O have chartered the aircraft". :mad:

Sorry to disagree, but we had duty free sales last November en route to the Caribbean. I took two bottles of gin from Thomson to the ship

Thanks Scriv, tbat sounds pretty clear. As it's called a P&O charter flight, does that mean that the whole plane has only P&O passengers?

Brian

I'm unsure about this. We were booked on the BHX flight to Malta and when I tried to reserve seats when the booking option opened, there were only about 20 seats available, none of which were extra legroom. I called to P&O and was informed that P&O had not chartered the whole plane, just a specific number of seats. I thought this odd as I had presumed the full passenger quota was for P&O :confused:. However I could have extra legroom seats on the Gatwick flight; so we switched and were reimbursed the £100 supplement as we are no longer flying from BHX. Oh, and he allocated my seats immediately and called me on a Sunday morning to confirm everything was in order. Win-win really.

I'm unsure about this. We were booked on the BHX flight to Malta ...

I called to P&O and was informed that P&O had not chartered the whole plane, just a specific number of seats.

Simply P&O can fill a plane (or planes) from Gatwick, but they can't from Birmingham.