Mother/Daughter review Zuiderdam cruise March 19-29, 2017

canadianbear

Thank you all for your kinds words and you all seem to understand just how special

this mother/daughter cruise was in so many ways.

Our very first cruise in 2008 was on the Ryndam with my husband, son and daughter and we have only strayed from HAL once. We love their laid back atmosphere and especially their friendly staff.

POA1-a special thank you to you for your help on this cruise and the longer one later in the year-appreciate it.

OP: thanks for taking the time to post your excellent review; I'm glad you and your daughter had such a wonderful cruise. My wife and I are booked on the Zuiderdam next year (Viking Passage); it will be our first HAL cruise, and I love reading this great feedback on the ship. We are also booked in a Signature Suite on Deck 6. If you have any tips for HAL/Zuiderdam newbies not mentioned in your review, I would welcome them.

Thanks again.

The ship will be even better for your cruise as it is going in later this year for some renovations. We have traveled on her many times and I love her...but then, I tend to love all the DAM ships I'm on!

It's hard to mention stuff because so much is personal choice. My husband and I usually do activities on the ship (like culinary and computer lectures) but because I was with my daughter we didn't do any.

If you are interested in the pay restaurants I would book those the first day you get on the ship. Just take your time wandering around and looking at the art and flower displays, get yourself orientated to where things are. I'm not sure if the Crow's Nest will be the same by the time you get on board or not. We enjoyed the Exploration's Cafe for lattes and they had awesome strawberry tarts!

Have a wonderful cruise even though it's a ways away.

The ship will be even better for your cruise as it is going in later this year for some renovations. We have traveled on her many times and I love her...but then, I tend to love all the DAM ships I'm on!

It's hard to mention stuff because so much is personal choice. My husband and I usually do activities on the ship (like culinary and computer lectures) but because I was with my daughter we didn't do any.

If you are interested in the pay restaurants I would book those the first day you get on the ship. Just take your time wandering around and looking at the art and flower displays, get yourself orientated to where things are. I'm not sure if the Crow's Nest will be the same by the time you get on board or not. We enjoyed the Exploration's Cafe for lattes and they had awesome strawberry tarts!

Were the strawberry tarts at an additional cost? I'm leaving Sunday and have I mentioned yet that I'm so excited? LOL

Thanks for your reply! I did know about the dry dock; it's very exciting.

Thanks for the good wishes (yes, it's a long ways away. Plenty to plan!) :)

Were the strawberry tarts at an additional cost? I'm leaving Sunday and have I mentioned yet that I'm so excited? LOL

The stuff they have at the Explorations Cafe is included with your latte or whatever you purchase. I believe they also let you have them if you don't purchase but we always get something. Their food changes during the day too-so make sure you pop by and have a look!

I can feel your excitement! I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Oh-and at the Lido make sure you check out the waffle station (and the toppings), the eggs Benedict station, the pasta station where you can add scallops, shrimp, and lots of other items to pick from & they make it in front of you with whichever sauce you want. Also by the pasta station they have pizza slices-my daughter often flew by there grabbing a slice!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree about happy hour in the Crow's Nest, though we normally didn't arrive until around 6pm in anticipation of trivia each night at 7.

We always got that lovely plate of appetizers to enjoy with our cocktails!!