Horizon Court

debut

on The Crown. The last few cruises I've been on the Horizon has been outstanding. Anyone ate there lately, how was the food? We always eat in the buffet, just like it better, and we like to eat our meals a little faster than the dining room. Read that the Crown needs some sprucing up, any info on her would be very nice.

Thanks,

Debbie

Just got off the Crown on 02 April. Having no other Princess cruise to compare to my opinion is just that. Our group of 9(RCL, Carnival and Norwegian cruisers) found that the Horizon court was lacking. Very limited selection and variety. We are used to having a large variety when going to the buffet - Asian food, fast food, american, Mexican, sandwich station made to order, omelette station, eggs made to order, etc. The Crown had none of that. All it was missing was Ovaltine next to the prunes in syrup.

Just got off the Crown on 02 April. Having no other Princess cruise to compare to my opinion is just that. Our group of 9(RCL, Carnival and Norwegian cruisers) found that the Horizon court was lacking. Very limited selection and variety. We are used to having a large variety when going to the buffet - Asian food, fast food, american, Mexican, sandwich station made to order, omelette station, eggs made to order, etc. The Crown had none of that. All it was missing was Ovaltine next to the prunes in syrup.

We were on the same cruise, and yes the HC did have omelettes made to order, DW had them several times. They give you a slip that you hand to the wait staff and they bring it to your table. Also eggs fried to order. I like mine well done and they accommodated that. That being said the layout and traffic flow of the HC on the Crown leads to congestion and seating at peak times can be an issue unless you walk to the bistro or the other side if only one is open. We much prefer the buffet on the royal class.

Omelets are about 50% the size you would get in a restaurant. Not three egg. They put very little in them unless you beg.

You fix that by saying "three egg omelet heavy on the cheese and ham, easy on the onion". Sarcasm aside, I really have not had an omelet issue on any cruise ship. Just tell them how you want it.

Now, having said that, I believe that the eggs Benedict on Celebrity are head and shoulders better than those on Princess.

on The Crown. The last few cruises I've been on the Horizon has been outstanding. Anyone ate there lately, how was the food? We always eat in the buffet, just like it better, and we like to eat our meals a little faster than the dining room. Read that the Crown needs some sprucing up, any info on her would be very nice.

Thanks,

Debbie

If you think the Crown was good try the Regal/Royal the buffet is way better.

We are always pleased with the Horizon, sure there are some that are much better than the others and the Regal has so much room and selection. We can always find something, we are elite and have had many meals there. If I can have good bread and a piece of carved meat and cookies I am set:D not every meal but I sure enjoy that

Omelets are about 50% the size you would get in a restaurant. Not three egg. They put very little in them unless you beg.

Always have been fine when I have ordered them. Without begging.

We much prefer the buffet on the royal class.

It outclasses any of the other Princess ships by far. Try a Royal class ship once & the buffets on other ships seem really poor.

I asked for a larger omelet one morning & they made it so big it covered the plate. :p

Just off the Ruby today. The omeletes are small, but not a big deal. The buffet now repeats the menu two days in a row. Both for lunch and dinner. Not a good thing. Of course the breakfast buffet repeats itself daily. Upon arriving to the ship from an excursion, I told a security office I was hungry and was headed to the Horizon Court. She said the crew refers to it as "Horrible" Court. Then embarrassed, she asked me not to repeat it. We found the buffet food to be mediocre at best, especially the meat dishes. They all seemed to be cooked to death and dry. The MDR was very good. Pizza was excellent. The grill food was good but their method of operation makes for slow going. IC was good.