Australian past passengers, denied 5% past passenger discount.

NSWP

Here I go again....P&O will not apply the 5% past pax discount to our two Adonia cruises next year, even though their website indicates 5% is applicable to past cruisers with P&O UK. (We have done 4 with the company Arcadia x 2 and Aurora/Oriana.)

Their answer is....'The 5% past passenger discount is only applicable to British Citizens/Residents.' I have taken it up also with my agent and P&O Australia who booked the cruise with P&O UK. Same reply from P&O in Southampton.

We cannot book P&O UK cruises direct, have to use T/A or P&O Australia. An industry source also told me yesterday 'P&O already gives attractive prices to Australian customers, some 10% to 15% below those offered to UK customers.:rolleyes:

Same policy applies to military obc, one has to be a British Citizen/Resident, even though I served in both British and Australian Army, years ago.

Difficult to accept.

Had my gripe, but still going. Might fire off a letter to CEO Carnival - David Dingle as nowhere on P&O UK site does it stipulate Brits only for the discount !!!!!:evilsmile:

Yup, we are the same. We have booked two cruises back to back but do not qualify for the 10% discount offered for booking two consecutive cruises because we are from AU. Our agent tried with no luck 😕

Here I go again....P&O will not apply the 5% past pax discount to our two Adonia cruises next year, even though their website indicates 5% is applicable to past cruisers with P&O UK. (We have done 4 with the company Arcadia x 2 and Aurora/Oriana.)

Their answer is....'The 5% past passenger discount is only applicable to British Citizens/Residents.' I have taken it up also with my agent and P&O Australia who booked the cruise with P&O UK. Same reply from P&O in Southampton.

We cannot book P&O UK cruises direct, have to use T/A or P&O Australia. An industry source also told me yesterday 'P&O already gives attractive prices to Australian customers, some 10% to 15% below those offered to UK customers.:rolleyes:

Same policy applies to military obc, one has to be a British Citizen/Resident, even though I served in both British and Australian Army, years ago.

Difficult to accept.

Had my gripe, but still going. Might fire off a letter to CEO Carnival - David Dingle as nowhere on P&O UK site does it stipulate Brits only for the discount !!!!!:evilsmile:

If your price is genuinely 10-15% lower than the UK website price then I don't really think you have a genuine grievance, but if you are paying the same website price as the UK then I agree you are right to be upset.

Do Aussie passengers qualify to be in the same Peninsular club loyalty scheme as UK passengers?

If your price is genuinely 10-15% lower than the UK website price then I don't really think you have a genuine grievance, but if you are paying the same website price as the UK then I agree you are right to be upset.

Do Aussie passengers qualify to be in the same Peninsular club loyalty scheme as UK passengers?

It sounds like the problem others have about double discounting e.g. OBC to be spent before getting the 10% loyalty discount.

I think the back to back discount and the forces discount are are worst as I can understand not getting the 5% if you have already had 10 to 15. But then again any Australian could book and get the 10 to 15 and do not have to be past passengers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am sorry you feel upset you don't get the discount, but I'm not sure why it's so wrong for only British Citizens to be eligible for the 'P&O UK' discount. Presumably British Citizens booking with 'P&O Australia' get the same response, ie. no discount.

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

Morning Sportsfans, well I have settled down a wee bit..checked prices this morning and after conversion for two persons twin share... the 16 night France/Spain Cruise on Adonia is AU$1580 more expensive booking with UK T/A and the B2B 18 night Scandinavia cruise is AU$1867 more expensive.

So it would appear P&O UK cruise prices given to the Australian T/A's are some 10% to 15% less than those given to UK pax. So it all roughly evens out.

We do get the Peninsular Club tier on board stuff etc too. We are Med tier.:halo:

But at the end of the day P&O UK should indicate on their website that the 5% discount is only applicable to UK Citizens/Residents.:evilsmile:

Thank you for your comments.

NSWP, glad you are now sorted, with all those savings you've made by booking down under I hope you will be generous to any UK cruisers you pal up with, and buy an extra round or two to help offset our poor exchange rate when we are ashore in Europe.;p:D

Does that include your flights to the UK?

If not maybe the discount is to help towards the flights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cruise only we book, unlike UK the cruiselines do not include flights in their packages, separate.

Yes, that difference in prices would buy a return economy airfare, Syd - LHR. But Cattle Class does not agree with me. Normally book and pay Premium Economy and go for a business class upgrade using frequent flyer points, air miles, whatever. Worked last month on Qantas, coming back from HK post QM2. Nice at the pointy end.:halo:

NSWP, glad you are now sorted, with all those savings you've made by booking down under I hope you will be generous to any UK cruisers you pal up with, and buy an extra round or two to help offset our poor exchange rate when we are ashore in Europe.;p:D

Indeed, By Gum lad...I am a generous person, buy you all a few pints of Tetleys Bitter, although I am a cider person, being a Coeliac. In fact, amongst other places heading up to Yorkshire for 5 nights pre cruise next year, have a drive around Whitby, Moors and Dales. Booked a nice pub room.The Blue Bell @ Arkandale near Knaresborough.:cool:

Your pound is still strong, we only get 60p to the Aussie dollar.