Wifi for diamond members

Love Cruises

Maybe some one might know an answer for this ...

We have booked a 28 day Norwegian Fjords round trip cruise from NY for July 6-28. It is actually 3 btb cruises but booked as one long one.

As Diamond members we are entitled to 8 hours of free internet on a cruise. Would that be 8 hours for the 28 days or 8 hours each cruise giving us 24 hours over the 28 days?

We have booked a 28 day Norwegian Fjords round trip cruise from NY for July 6-28. It is actually 3 btb cruises but booked as one long one.

As Diamond members we are entitled to 8 hours of free internet on a cruise. Would that be 8 hours for the 28 days or 8 hours each cruise giving us 24 hours over the 28 days?

My experience of the diamond wifi allocation is that it is per sector on the world cruise even if you join the voyage 2 days before the end of that voyage you are entitled to that sector plus the new entitlement of the new sector. I did a couple of mediteranian sectors back in 2011 back to back and they were both entitled to the 8 hours....I assume things haven't changed. Its perhaps the only decent perk associated with the world club....

have a great trip...Roscoe

Depends how it was booked. If it was advertised as a 28 day trip and you booked it as a single voyage with a single booking reference then you will just get 8 hours each for the whole cruise. If you booked it as three separate cruises that you are doing back to back then you will get 8 hours per cruise, 24 hours in total. We have the same for our Med cruise which was advertised as two 12 day cruises as well as one 24 day cruise. We booked it as a 24 day trip so just the one free internet allowance each.

The only exceptions to this are round-trip transatlantics on the QM2 where each half qualifies for the free internet even if booked as a 15 day trip and the world cruises where the entitlement re-sets each segment.

I think it Depends how you have booked it, If it is only 1 voyage number M725A then I would imagine that only 1 allocation of free internet time per person will be applied depending on World Club status.

If you have several voyage numbers then each voyage would receive your internet allowance.

The only exception Cunard make appear to be World Cruises and Transatlantic crossings when travelling on 1 voyage number

Your World Club representative will know.

see

https://ask.cunard.com/help/returning-home/logical_benefits2

and

https://ask.cunard.com/help/returning-home/transatlantic_benefits

and

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/before-you-sail/BenefitsWVoyage

Edited by Pennbank
added a world cruise benefits link

It matters not how you have booked it in my experience

After each leg the IT Manager resets the accounting system.

Hence its not till late on the day of each leg sailing that you can 'sign on'.

Even more fortunate when you and your 'partner' are Diamond members - a whacking 16 hours.

When doing a B2B transatlantic crossing, does the unused internet time for Diamond loyalty members get carried over?

Unused minutes were carried over for us when we did consecutive segments of a world cruise.

A couple of years ago I booked a 14-day fly-cruise on QV in the Mediterranean. Many of you will realise that it could also have been booked as two 7-day cruises. We booked it as a 14-day cruise.

I received one lot of internet as it was one cruise.

I received one lot of shareholder credit, as it was one cruise. (That was far better than if it had been two 7-day cruises.)

However, in one way it was treated as two cruises, which seemed strange to me. In the first 7 days we travelled outside of the EU and so we paid no duty on our purchases. In the second 7 days we were completely within the EU (as regulations changed after the ports were planned and Cunard did not know the need to include a non-EU port until too late) and we were charged duty on our purchases. This seemed unfair in my case as we had been treated as a 14-day cruise in other aspects. I guess it made Cunard's accounting more easy to treat everyone in the same way.