Bed Options

As I spoke to a representative from Carnival the other day I had asked about whether or not the two twins in our stateroom can be converted into a king (we are using 1 upper as well). She told me to simply go to my booking and change my preference from twin beds to king. It gives me the option to select King, which I do but when I go back to check it, it keeps switching back to Twin Beds. Does anyone know why this is happening? She told me that since we are using only one upper we can have the King option. Also, if the beds are set up as twins upon arrival are we allowed to ask for them to change it?

You can always call the 1-800 number and ask CArnival to update the bed choice booking for you. We always choose twins (vs KING), and yet when we get onboard, the bed is always set-up as a KING. The room steward is happy to switch it as needed, so no worries.

CeleBrat

As I spoke to a representative from Carnival the other day I had asked about whether or not the two twins in our stateroom can be converted into a king (we are using 1 upper as well). She told me to simply go to my booking and change my preference from twin beds to king. It gives me the option to select King, which I do but when I go back to check it, it keeps switching back to Twin Beds. Does anyone know why this is happening? She told me that since we are using only one upper we can have the King option. Also, if the beds are set up as twins upon arrival are we allowed to ask for them to change it?

Which ship any what cabin number? Believe it or not on certain subjects your fellow posters here at CC have better knowledge than some cruise line employees.

Unfortunately if you call the general CS # 3 times with Carnival and talk to 3 different representatives you tend to get 3 different answers as these tend to be clerks in a call center. Many of these clerks many not have even sailed on a Carnival ship, some are even temps just re-wording what they see on the goCarnival website, which is very similar to what consumers see on the general Carnival webite. If you called your PVP directly and received this answer they should offered to override the twin setting for the bedding arrangement for you, signaling it may be time to switch PVPs.

Are you doing a Guaranty cabin? And has it been assigned yet? Because if it hasn't you won't be able to make the change on your reservation until you have a specific assignment.

There is no need to do that in advance. When you board, if the beds aren't as you like them, leave a note (or tell in person) the cabin attendant. They will separate them.

Maybe I'm reading a little far into the opening post, but I believe the OP might be questioning if the king bed is even an option if the pullman is in use. I know for a fact fleetwide several quad interior cabins and certain quad OVs & quad balconies with an odd configuration, that if even 1 pullman is being used then the beds can not be set to the king configuration because of where the access ladder will be.

Your room steward will change it.

I am not sure about the overhead bed, so will not answer to that. But I think if you booked with a travel agent, they have to change it on your booking. We always have our booking set to be 2 twins, but it is never done upon boarding, so we end up asking our cabin steward to do it. I don't think the cabin stewards see those requests or they don't pay attention to them, because ours is always wrong. good luck & enjoy your cruise.

She told me to simply go to my booking and change my preference from twin beds to king. It gives me the option to select King, which I do but when I go back to check it, it keeps switching back to Twin Beds. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Try clearing your cookies on your computer.

Which ship any what cabin number? Believe it or not on certain subjects your fellow posters here at CC have better knowledge than some cruise line employees.

Unfortunately if you call the general CS # 3 times with Carnival and talk to 3 different representatives you tend to get 3 different answers as these tend to be clerks in a call center. Many of these clerks many not have even sailed on a Carnival ship, some are even temps just re-wording what they see on the goCarnival website, which is very similar to what consumers see on the general Carnival webite. If you called your PVP directly and received this answer they should offered to override the twin setting for the bedding arrangement for you, signaling it may be time to switch PVPs.

Cabin U201 Fascination

Our last two Carnival cruises I have specified to have the beds separated into two twins. Both times when we arrived at the stateroom the beds were together, so it really doesn't seem to matter what you put as your preference. We just left a note for the room steward to change it.