Escape - Do I have any chance of getting the Vibe?

HiBobM

A group of 10 adults are going on the Escape in a few weeks and our intention was to get to the port as early as possible and run to get Vibe passes. I was very annoyed to hear about the change in the boarding process both because it limits our chances for the Vibe and because we will have to wait longer on shore rather than the ship. So my question is, "do we have any chance of getting the Vibe or should we just get to the port later?"

1) Don't worry about it too much. The Vibe us nice but it is more hype than much of anything else. We got passes the first time we sailed the Getaway but did not go for it on any of our subsequent cruises. We only used it 2-3 times the entire cruise that one time and that was simply because we had the passes so we wanted to get some use out of them. You'll be fine on the ship with or without them. Getting the passes is (of course) entirely dependent upon how many people on your sailing are trying for them. If you get there and they are sold out, don't worry about it at all. Your cruise will be great!

And to many others Vibe is a fantastic place and worth all the hype.

Our experience was well worth the extra money spent.

OP good luck and hope it works for you. I would definitely get to port early and chance it. To me I would rather stand /sit at the dock rather than sit in the hotel room waiting.

OP , if Vibe is sold out, deck 19 right outside Vibe is a good spot with another bar and hot tubs.

A group of 10 adults are going on the Escape in a few weeks and our intention was to get to the port as early as possible and run to get Vibe passes. I was very annoyed to hear about the change in the boarding process both because it limits our chances for the Vibe and because we will have to wait longer on shore rather than the ship. So my question is, "do we have any chance of getting the Vibe or should we just get to the port later?"

what "change in the boarding process" ??

On the Escape right now, heard that spa was sold out before boarding. We got to the port at about 8:30. There were about 10 people in front of us, but I'm not sure of the other terminal, got group 1. Into security area to sit down at 9 and I think started through security around 10. Started boarding around 11. All the Haven people and platinum, etc went first, then special needs and then groups 1 and 2 together. People were running. We got passes no problem and I have heard of people up to group 5 with passes, but I think it depends on the cruise. I say try but don't let it ruin your cruise if you don't get them. Also, remember everyone in your group has to be there. They only hand out one number per person.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Got off the Escape on Saturday. Wife and I didn't get to the port early enough so vibe was long sold out. Big mistake. There we're so many people on that boat that I would have paid double to get into vibe. If you don't get it then you best get your towel on your chair by 9 am. This was our 7th cruise and first mega ship. Crowds, crowds, crowds.. I'll stick to the smaller boats. Love NCL though. And yes the Escape was a beautiful ship.

what "change in the boarding process" ??

Guests with higher latitudes status get priority boarding before general boarding. This is in addition to Haven guests, B2B guests, CAS guests, wedding parties, special needs, etc.

Many people board before general boarding so it isn't only Haven guests who have the best chance for VIBE passes.

I was very annoyed to hear about the change in the boarding process both because it limits our chances for the Vibe and because we will have to wait longer on shore rather than the ship."

It is about time that NCL recognizes their frequent traveler's. And give them preferential treatment. Just like the rest of the travel industry.

With regard to your ability to get a vibe pass, it all depends on the people with priority boarding. Many seasoned cruisers have decided that the vibe pass is not worth the time or effort.

I did not say it was not worth the money. I said it was not hat big of an issue if you don't get one. Those are two different things completely.

You did say it's " more hype more than much of anything else."

Which does not necessarily make your above quote true.

Don't count it out, you might have a chance, check the Vibe out here...

On the Escape right now, heard that spa was sold out before boarding. We got to the port at about 8:30. There were about 10 people in front of us, but I'm not sure of the other terminal, got group 1. Into security area to sit down at 9 and I think started through security around 10. Started boarding around 11. All the Haven people and platinum, etc went first, then special needs and then groups 1 and 2 together. People were running. We got passes no problem and I have heard of people up to group 5 with passes, but I think it depends on the cruise. I say try but don't let it ruin your cruise if you don't get them. Also, remember everyone in your group has to be there. They only hand out one number per person.

Which terminal? I wonder if it makes a difference.

Which terminal? I wonder if it makes a difference.

We were in terminal B but C sounds similar. Heard people today that came at 11 and still got passes but it sounds like 11:30 was too late. Lots of families on our cruise so that may make the difference as 11:00 and still getting them seems a bit crazy from other weeks.

We were in terminal B but C sounds similar. Heard people today that came at 11 and still got passes but it sounds like 11:30 was too late. Lots of families on our cruise so that may make the difference as 11:00 and still getting them seems a bit crazy from other weeks.

Makes sense, more families less demand for Vibe passes. Enjoy your cruise!!

• 3 weeks later...

On the April 29th sailing now and was a little worried when I read a group of 10 were looking to get Vibe passes. We got to the port extra early, boarding group 1. Then we raced with several others from group 1 to Headliners and easily got passes. BTW, day 2 & 3 Vibe area barely unusable due to 35+ knot winds. Here on day 4 very nice.