Carton deals on Carnival

us2swingu

On board prices vary based on itinerary. Mom has paid anywhere from $126 (USVI on itinerary) to $162 (Bermuda itinerary) for 5 cartons of Marlboro on cruises in the past year. She has seen slightly better prices in some ports, St. Thomas and St. Maarten, for the same label but these were made either in the islands or in South America, so the "taste" was a bit off.

Marbolro $120 for like 4 cartons. Be advised though, that you are (if US citizen) allowed 1 carton per adult only under customs allowance. I have heard that they are cracking down and those people buying over their allowance are getting called to customs.

Marbolro $120 for like 4 cartons. Be advised though, that you are (if US citizen) allowed 1 carton per adult only under customs allowance. I have heard that they are cracking down and those people buying over their allowance are getting called to customs.

MAGA!!!!!

Benson and Hedges were $38 per carton in December on the Conquest. They did not have my blend so I got the light mentholated. Not sure I saved any money because I chain smoked those suckers like a fish:')

You can bring back 100 cartons if you want.

Just know that US Customs regulations only allow 200 cigarettes into the country duty free.

Your purchase will be recorded and submitted to US Customs when you return.

Whether you are subject to inspection depends on the fine people at the bottom of the gangway as you depart the ship.

I thought we were allowed 2 cartons, duty free, per adult. We bought 3 cartons last cruise- 1 Pall Mall for $26, I think, & 2 Marlboro for $78. The price went down the more cartons you purchased. I have read that if you are visiting a US territory, like St Thomas, the allowable amount to bring back was increased.

This will be the 8 day Carrebian cruise to PR, St. Kitts, Grand Turk, etc.

On the Carnival Sunshine

I don't know about Grand Turk but out of PR and St. Kitts, the best prices for smokes are in St. Kitts. Be aware that, while the brands are the same, the country of manufacture might not be the same as the ones you're used to so yes, the flavor might be a bit different. No, they're not fakes. They are legit. Unless you're bringing in exorbitant amounts, Customs may turn a blind eye to some overage in your allowance. Key word: MAY. YMMV

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I know for the Caribbean it is different as per US customs regulations on there web site.

What can I bring back from the Caribbean?

As a general rule, travelers to Caribbean Basin Initiative (CBI) countries are allowed a $800 duty-free exemption on their return to the U.S. You may include two liters of alcoholic beverages with this $800 exemption, as long as one of the liters was produced in one of the CBI countries.

The duty exemption for travelers returning from the U.S. Virgin Islands is $1,600. You may include 1,000 cigarettes as part of this exemption, but at least 800 of them must have been acquired in the U.S. Virgin Islands (keep your receipt). You may include five liters of alcoholic beverages in your duty-free exemption, but one of them must be a product of the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, or American Samoa.

• 2 weeks later...
I know for the Caribbean it is different as per US customs regulations on there web site.

What can I bring back from the Caribbean?

As a general rule, travelers to Caribbean Basin Initiative (CBI) countries are allowed a $800 duty-free exemption on their return to the U.S. You may include two liters of alcoholic beverages with this $800 exemption, as long as one of the liters was produced in one of the CBI countries.

The duty exemption for travelers returning from the U.S. Virgin Islands is $1,600. You may include 1,000 cigarettes as part of this exemption, but at least 800 of them must have been acquired in the U.S. Virgin Islands (keep your receipt). You may include five liters of alcoholic beverages in your duty-free exemption, but one of them must be a product of the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, or American Samoa.

Thanks for posting this guideline

I buy Pall Mall onboard $21 per carton,,,usually bring 10 home.

Pall Mall Blue was $24.50 per carton on the Vista a month ago.

With the exception of cigarettes purchased in St Thomas, passengers are limited to 1 duty free carton per person. You can take as many cartons as you want but expect to pay import taxes on anything above the duty free limit.