Missed an upsell call

lmf24lmf

• 1 year later...
I am crossing all my crossable parts for a call or an email in the next four weeks! I even instructed the BF this weekend, if my phone rang and I was out of the room, answer any 305 calls immediately! :)

Some of these calls are a great deal and others not so good. Given all the people who post on here not many upsells to be had but nice when you get a good one:)

About two weeks ago got an email upsell. To move up one floor and balcony catogry upsell was $36. To move into a spa balcony upsell little over $100. Either was a good deal for me and went with spa balcony. It was cheaper even with the upgrade than what it was price when booking. Happy with mine

Some of these calls are a great deal and others not so good. Given all the people who post on here not many upsells to be had but nice when you get a good one:)

The upsell department who make the calls is actually a team of about 10 -12 agents who work 8 hours a day / 5 days a week. They are compensated with a moderate hourly wage + a percentage of the revenue generated by their sales call. That's where their income is made. So their calls are focused on upsells to Suites' date=' Spa's, Havana's, Fantasy Class Owners Suites and other higher end categories. The phone reps don't chase down the $25 $50 $100 upsells. Those can be done with a targeted email blast.

The last I heard from someone on the "inside" is that the upsell department generated about $10 - $11 million in annual upsell revenue for Carnival. [b']The people who post on here[/b] are a minuscule fraction of the 4 million who sail every year on Carnival and keep the upsell department employed and busy 40 hours a week.

When I compare the prices on mine it’s saved me $800 so I thought that was pretty good. We would not have purchased a suite for that much money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Just be smart with these.. I know its exciting to get that offer but make sure you check everything out. We recently got one..move our obstructed view balcony to a regular balcony. But it would have put us directly under the Lido..no thank you to the noise! We'll keep our quiet, 5th floor room!

My sister got a call the other day. We were in a 4A cabin on deck 1 and got upgraded to a 4C on deck 10. We took it with a 24.00 difference. It’s our family thanksgiving cruise so we don’t care where the cabins are, we will barely be there. And it’s a short 4 day cruise with over 30 people in our group. We will probably be falling asleep all over the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums