lobster upsell in lumanea

misspuss

In the upcharge dining, a second lobster usually had a charge as it was a premium item. MDR lobsters are not as costly and they are prepared for the surges in quantity. However, in the hospitality industry, anything goes for a treasured customer. Become a treasured customer.

We were there two weeks ago and there was an option for a full Maine lobster one night but I forget the charge. On the second chic night they do have lobster tails cooked in champagne butter sauce that were very good.

I think the charge for Maine Lobster was $29.95. It was offered in Tuscan as well. It seems to come & go as a special. I've never been charged for extra food on any ship. The only issue was asking for extra Lobster Thermidore on the Queen Victoria a few years back. The portion I got was tiny(it really was a small tail)The waiter refused. I let it go at the time, but I found him to be the least favorite waiter we've ever had. We always felt rushed.

This is really disappointing to hear that they are introducing upsells in Luminae for food.

EDIT: I just read the previous post OP was referring to. That was for Murano a speciality restaurant not Luminae the main dining toom for suite guests.

Edited by absolutboy20

This is really disappointing to hear that they are introducing upsells in Luminae for food.

EDIT: I just read the previous post OP was referring to. That was for Murano a speciality restaurant not Luminae the main dining toom for suite guests.

This is the link to a thread that is "live" on the Infinity.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2479490

In post #9 the lady who is onboard writing the updates states that she had the upsell lobster in Luminae.

If this is a new aspect of dining there, I have to say I am truly disappointed in Celebrity trying to squeeze more money out of passengers who book suites.

This is the link to a thread that is "live" on the Infinity.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2479490

In post #9 the lady who is onboard writing the updates states that she had the upsell lobster in Luminae.

If this is a new aspect of dining there, I have to say I am truly disappointed in Celebrity trying to squeeze more money out of passengers who book suites.

Thanks. Obviously something new. Perhaps they are testing the concept. IMO it is a good idea. They always serve warm water lobsters tails from the regular menu, but I have never seen a whole main lobster served on Celebrity. Therefore having it available as an extra charge item would be great. I would order it as I do not really care for the warm water version.

IMO if the choice is to continue to never offer cold water Lobster or offer it has an extra charge I will take the charge. Not must different than better wines or higher end alcohol being available for the differences in cost with the premium package. The $30 is really just a rough "difference in cost" from a warm water tail.

Of course most people would prefer the better wines, high end alcohol, and Whold Main Lobster with no extra charge. Although not if it made the cruise more expensive.

I hope they implement this new option across the fleet.