We've been to Barbados a few times.....

canadarocks

Done the swimming with the turtles (twice), toured Harrison's Caves (loved it!), and been to The Boatyard (crowded but fun). Hubby and I are returning next January on a Saturday from 8am-5pm and looking for advice on what to see and do.

Is Hunte's Gardens worth the effort to get there from the cruise port? Is the view at Bathsheba Beach unmissable? Concorde Experience?

Or should we just head to a resort or beach for the day?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Cindy & Bob (canadarocks)! We'll be on 14 day Caribbean Princess with you.

Like you, we've been to Barbados many times and have done the same things you have done plus some other catamaran excursions to beaches.

We have several past cruise pals on the ship as well and we are sort of leaning forwards sleeping late making it an easy day and just going back to Boatyard for a bit. It's a somewhat port intensive cruise so as time has gone by we need to pace ourselves. :D

LuLu

Thanks for the response LuLu. I actually just contacted a taxi driver that we dealt with a few years ago when we visited Harrison's Caves & The Boatyard. He's agreed to take us on a private tour for the day, so now I just have to figure out what we want to see. Anything you recommend?

I know what you mean about it being a very port intensive cruise. We had a HAL cruise this year with 6 straight ports as well. So now we know to take a break, and we're probably making Martinique our "off" day this time.

Cindy

We went to Barbados in November it was my third time there but my friend had never been there before. We grabbed a taxi and had him take us on a tour. We went to Huntes Gardens and thought it was absolutely beautiful. So very glad that we did that. If you are into beautiful flowers and plants this is a great place to spend an hour or two. After you tour the gardens you can meet Mr. Hunte have a drink or two with him on his patio. He is a very interesting man and if you have any questions about the plants he will be glad to tell you all about them. We had toy between going to Hunts Gardens and Andromeda Gardens and we were told without a doubt go to Hunts. The driver also purchased some bananas and we went over to the golf course and hand fed the monkeys that was so much fun. If you've never done that before I would recommend that. He took us to the oldest church on the island and also to a look out up on top of the hill. Then dropped us off at the Boatyard for some beach time.

Thanks for the response LuLu. I actually just contacted a taxi driver that we dealt with a few years ago when we visited Harrison's Caves & The Boatyard. He's agreed to take us on a private tour for the day, so now I just have to figure out what we want to see. Anything you recommend?

I know what you mean about it being a very port intensive cruise. We had a HAL cruise this year with 6 straight ports as well. So now we know to take a break, and we're probably making Martinique our "off" day this time.

Cindy

Would you mind passing on the contact information for the cab driver that you used. How much did they charge you.

Cindy

If you haven't been to Bathsheba, I definitely recommend it as a possible stop while on your island tour. It's on Barbados' Atlantic cost and the water is rougher, but the scenery is gorgeous with large rock formations in the water. It's not a beach to spend a whole day at, but it's a great stop for the views alone. I did a review after our cruise and added a lot of pictures, so in case you're curious about Bathsheba, I'll attach the link to that review. It should open to the page my section on Bathsheba/pictures start on, but if not, it's on Page 17 and the pictures of Bathsheba start on Post #326. I didn't realize that we'd only have about 10 minutes in that first stop that overlooks the beach/water, or wouldn't have wasted my time going down to the beach for pictures. I wanted to get pictures from the overlook but we didn't have time. :( It was cloudy the day we were there too, so not really happy with the pictures I have (and excuse for a "re do"), but I've seen pictures (internet search "Bathsheba Barbados") from sunny days that are just stunning. Just an idea for something new. That was our third trip to Barbados overall.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2275573&page=17

Edited by pghsteelerfan

• 1 month later...
Would you mind passing on the contact information for the cab driver that you used. How much did they charge you.

Canadrocks, I too would appreciate the taxi drivers information.

His name is Sanjay Kini and he's okayed me sharing his email. Tell him Cindy sent you. :)

barbadosfun@gmail.com

• 1 month later...
Done the swimming with the turtles (twice), toured Harrison's Caves (loved it!), and been to The Boatyard (crowded but fun). Hubby and I are returning next January on a Saturday from 8am-5pm and looking for advice on what to see and do.

Is Hunte's Gardens worth the effort to get there from the cruise port? Is the view at Bathsheba Beach unmissable? Concorde Experience?

The Flower Forest is the best in Barbados...I have been to Hunte's and Flower Forest is better. Bathsheba is gorgeous.

• 3 weeks later...

I would highly recommend Carson Moore with Carson's Taxi Service skinnycarsontoursbb.com

It was perhaps the best island tour we have ever taken. He took us to every parish on the island. Could

stop anytime we asked for photos. Even took us to a local bar/café for a local lunch and Banks beer!