Are the aft pools AND hot tubs family friend key now?

natlteam10

• 2 months later...

On last week's Glory cruise (June 3 - 10), they reversed the decision to allow kids in the aft pools and tubs. At the Captain's Diamond Party, Cap'n M told us they received too much negative feedback about allowing kids in this area.

They will keep the aft pool and hot tubs kid free for the foreseeable future. YEAH!!!!

On last week's Glory cruise (June 3 - 10), they reversed the decision to allow kids in the aft pools and tubs. At the Captain's Diamond Party, Cap'n M told us they received too much negative feedback about allowing kids in this area.

They will keep the aft pool and hot tubs kid free for the foreseeable future. YEAH!!!!

YES!!!! And for all the people that said complaining, voicing dissatisfaction with the decision and putting the poll out wouldn't make a difference, I say [emoji14]!

I'm not saying the poll itself did it, but I think it may have helped them to see that a large majority were against it. No matter what the demographics/percentage of CC members are, we are still Carnival cruisers (for the most part). From what I saw on FB there were a lot of upset people there too. Not to mention those that wrote and/or called in (myself included) or even canceled or refused to book more cruises. I am thrilled if this is true and look even more forward to my upcoming Glory cruise. Wish they would make an official announcement.

Edited by firemanbobswife

YES!!!! And for all the people that said complaining, voicing dissatisfaction with the decision and putting the poll out wouldn't make a difference, I say [emoji14]!

I'm not saying the poll itself did it, but I think it may have helped them to see that a large majority were against it. No matter what the demographics/percentage of CC members are, we are still Carnival cruisers (for the most part). From what I saw on FB there were a lot of upset people there too. Not to mention those that wrote and/or called in (myself included) or even canceled or refused to book more cruises. I am thrilled if this is true and look even more forward to my upcoming Glory cruise. Wish they would make an official announcement.

Firemanbobswife l, I thought of you immediately when I read the post about reversing the decision. Thank you for all of your efforts!!!! I hope to see it announced officially soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firemanbobswife l, I thought of you immediately when I read the post about reversing the decision. Thank you for all of your efforts!!!! I hope to see it announced officially soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well thanks! [emoji4]I can't take credit for the change. It's due overwhelmingly to the people who participated, and those who made their voices known. Without them, it would have been just another thread and just another policy change that went by the wayside and we were forced to accept. While we may be the minority of the cruising population here on CC, I know that Carnival does monitor these boards and we can be very vocal. I can't be sure the poll really made a difference, but it couldn't have hurt. Plus with all the other ways of communication (even the Change.org petition), it was truly a joint effort amongst many people.

So thank you to all who spoke up! Without every single one of you, it wouldn't have been possible.

I also can't wait for the official announcement. I REALLY hope it's true and fleet wide!

This is awesome! I hope this is true on all Conquest and Splendor class ships. How do we find out for sure?

During one of the Q&A sessions with JH on BC10, this topic came up. JH mentioned that during the times that families with children are likely to be cruising, summer and holidays, the aft pools would be family friendly. The remainder of the time, they would be adult only. I remember at least one poster had suggested such a compromise.

During one of the Q&A sessions with JH on BC10, this topic came up. JH mentioned that during the times that families with children are likely to be cruising, summer and holidays, the aft pools would be family friendly. The remainder of the time, they would be adult only. I remember at least one poster had suggested such a compromise.

This makes sense.

I just got off the Conquest and was surprised to see the aft pool was listed as 18+

I have zero problem with this unless it is storming. This is the only pool that has a cover and how would this go over with all the families with kids if the only pool available was off limits?